Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

Well, Nomme Kalju were a very poor side. Not sure how match can be learned about this season's Celtic based on the last two matches. Cluj will be a much sterner test I reckon. Actually a bit concerned that Celtic may not make it past them. 

Last nights game was more of a friendly than a competitive match,Cluj look a very decent team but Celtic should have enough quality to get to the play-off round.
Given Cluj have put 2 seeded teams out they better than their co-efficient would suggest.
Thinking Celtic need to score in Romania and finish the job at paradise.  

5 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Last nights game was more of a friendly than a competitive match,Cluj look a very decent team but Celtic should have enough quality to get to the play-off round.
Given Cluj have put 2 seeded teams out they better than their co-efficient would suggest.
Thinking Celtic need to score in Romania and finish the job at paradise.  

I can see Cluj scoring in Glasgow so yeah an away goal or two in Romania could be vital.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

No teams in there that would suggest CL can’t happen for you this year

It can happen, but by no means guaranteed. Slavia Prague were in an EL quarter last year. I'd expect the champions of Switzerland to be a tricky prospect too. 

I am reassurred a bit about the Cluj situation as I hear the Israelis looked the better side. 

34 minutes ago, Romeo said:

£26 for the game against Cluj . I dread to think what the CL package would be if we qualified.

Image result for MONEY GIF

If Celtic progress and meet Slavia, it will be a Johnny Madden Derby. Ex Dumbarton and Celtic and coach of Slavia. 

Seems like a right character. 

https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/leisure-parks-events/museums-and-galleries/collections/people-and-personalities/people-and-personalities-dumbarton/individuals-dumbarton/john-madden/

24 minutes ago, the snudge said:

If Celtic progress and meet Slavia, it will be a Johnny Madden Derby. Ex Dumbarton and Celtic and coach of Slavia. 

Seems like a right character. 

https://www.west-dunbarton.gov.uk/leisure-parks-events/museums-and-galleries/collections/people-and-personalities/people-and-personalities-dumbarton/individuals-dumbarton/john-madden/

Interesting read that. Have read bits and pieces on him in the past but a lot of that was stuff I hadn't read before.