Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

9 hours ago, ForzaDundee said:

How does Ryan Christie manage to keep running so much? He's playing three positions almost.

Probably just seems that given he’s the best player in the country by about 14,375 miles.

Enjoyed the match last night. I didn’t see much that AIK could trouble us in the second leg however many would have said that about Cluj. I went all Celtic Da last night when pished and purchased a I wanna be Edouard t-shirt online.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Enjoyed the match last night. I didn’t see much that AIK could trouble us in the second leg however many would have said that about Cluj. I went all Celtic Da last night when pished and purchased a I wanna be Edouard t-shirt online.

Was comfortable enough but probably should have scored another couple. There was a 10  minute spell after the first goal where AIK pushed forward a bit and while they didn't cause any major problems, the Celtic defence did look a bit nervous and disjointed. Second goal killed the game and as mentioned above, a third would definitely have been a fair reflection. Tie isn't over, especially with Celtic being away from home in Europe.

Christie was outstanding last night. Boli looks good going forward but hopeless in defence. Edouard is also looking rather good this season. Seems to be fixing some of the weaknesses he has shown since joining. Hold up play is now much better and he is winning a lot more of the physical battles with centre halves.

Just now, Ross. said:

Was comfortable enough but probably should have scored another couple. There was a 10  minute spell after the first goal where AIK pushed forward a bit and while they didn't cause any major problems, the Celtic defence did look a bit nervous and disjointed. Second goal killed the game and as mentioned above, a third would definitely have been a fair reflection. Tie isn't over, especially with Celtic being away from home in Europe.

Christie was outstanding last night. Boli looks good going forward but hopeless in defence. Edouard is also looking rather good this season. Seems to be fixing some of the weaknesses he has shown since joining. Hold up play is now much better and he is winning a lot more of the physical battles with centre halves.

Christie was outstanding against Cluj too, I didn’t think he could be any better than he was last season but he has stepped it up again. Boli definitely needs to be coached about positioning and tactics, a lot. 

A professional team performance  last night from Celtic.Micky Johnston and Forrest getting goal side when Celtic didn't have the ball.
Brown looked better with the rest he got at the weekend,Ajer played well and Christie is just a dynamo.
French Eddie is getting better and better hold up play and what a free kick,Jozo giving too many easy fouls away with Jullien having his best game so far.
All in all no drama back to basics.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ryan Christie with the fat, fat Cubans out as usual was it?

Can't be long before he's in the Barclays.

With Rogic back in training it will be interesting if Christie can keep his place or play along side.
Christie's energy when Celtic don't have the ball is great plus when Celtic have the ball he finds the wee pockets of space becoming a big player at Celtic.
The problem is he has a free roll behind the striker a position that is sometimes a bit of a luxury and effects the balance of the midfield. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Ryan Christie with the fat, fat Cubans out as usual was it?

Can't be long before he's in the Barclays.

He is our most in form player. I think he will be with us for a maximum of two more seasons before an EPL club comes calling. I don't think he will struggle to make an impact like Armstrong either as he is a bit stronger and looks to be a fair bit more consistent. You would hope Caley would have negotiated some sort of sell on clause?