Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't Celtic are ruining Morgan, he's just nowhere near good enough for them.  He's bottom 6 Premiership quality at best.

He’s a good player, but made the wrong footballing choice when he signed for Celtic. Should have followed the John McGinn or Kenny McLean path to what is now the EPL for both of them. There were so many established players ahead of him in a similar position at Celtic for one thing. Another thing is that the goal is to qualify for the CL group stages. Treble-trebles prove that domestic success is now pretty much a shoe-in (the Sevco will blow up after giving their hordes hard-ons for a month or two). In short.... can we have him back please.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Your pain is thrilling.

It seems so unfair that you backed the horse with all the advantages and still lost, doesn't it?  You cannot cope.

Its called sport mate. We have beaten team with bigger budget differences than last night so have to take the rough with the smooth. If things like this didn’t happen the world of sport it would be so more much like yourself bitter beige and very, very boring.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Its called sport mate. We have beaten team with bigger budget differences than last night so have to take the rough with the smooth. If things like this didn’t happen the world of sport it would be so more much like yourself bitter beige and very, very boring.

Why keep engaging with one who bores you so?

Well I've had a night to sleep on it and I am still really pissed off about what happened last night. At least it made my day at work pass quicker as all that was going through my mind was what a complete clusterfuck last night was. Only Ryan Christie and James Forrest deserve any credit for what they did last night. All three levels(board, manager and players) have to take their share of the blame for us going out to Cluj. They were a really average and ageing side, and to go out to them is not acceptable. Had we beaten them it would only have been a stay of execution anyway as I doubt we would have beaten Slavia Prague. God, that sounds depressing to say. 

My bigger worry is that once the disappointment of no more Champions League begins to clear, we will be faced with the harsh reality that 10 in a row is seriously in jeopardy as things stand. 9 in a row is in jeopardy as things stand! I am forecasting, as of this moment, that Celtic will lose at Ibrox in three weeks time unless something changes. The Sevconians are improving, and while I still don't believe they are anything to write home about, we are rapidly back peddling to somewhere near their level. Which makes losing the league an actual possibility. It's a bit frightening, truth be told. The last couple of seasons I have never taken them seriously as a threat. I always felt secure deep down that we were going to come out on top in the end. Watching this Celtic team and looking at the players we have, and the manager we have, my confidence has subsided significantly. Our goalkeeper and our defence is highly suspect when put under pressure and I do not trust our manager to get his tactics right when it matters most. It pisses me off having to feel this way and write all this negative stuff because not that long ago we were so far ahead of Sevco that they couldn't even see our tail lights. 

I will simply finish with the thought that if the worst happens and 9 in a row is blown, the Celtic board better be prepared for what is coming their way. It will not be pretty. 

Edited by The Chief

Well I've had a night to sleep on it and I am still really pissed off about what happened last night. At least it made my day at work pass quicker as all that was going through my mind was what a complete clusterfuck last night was. Only Ryan Christie and James Forrest deserve any credit for what they did last night. All three levels(board, manager and players) have to take their share of the blame for us going out to Cluj. They were a really average and ageing side, and to go out to them is not acceptable. Had we beaten them it would only have been a stay of execution anyway as I doubt we would have beaten Slavia Prague. God, that sounds depressing to say. 
My bigger worry is that once the disappointment of no more Champions League begins to clear, we will be faced with the harsh reality that 10 in a row is seriously in jeopardy as things stand. 9 in a row is in jeopardy as things stand! I am forecasting, as of this moment, that Celtic will lose at Ibrox in three weeks time unless something changes. The Sevconians are improving, and while I still don't believe they are anything to write home about, we are rapidly back peddling to somewhere near their level. Which makes losing the league an actual possibility. It's a bit frightening, truth be told. The last couple of seasons I have never taken them seriously as a threat. I always felt secure deep down that we were going to come out on top in the end. Watching this Celtic team and looking at the players we have, and the manager we have, my confidence has subsided significantly. Our goalkeeper and our defence is highly suspect when put under pressure and I do not trust our manager to get his tactics right when it matters most. It pisses me off having to feel this way and write all this negative stuff because not that long ago we were so far ahead of Sevco that they couldn't even see our tail lights. 
I will simply finish with the thought that if the worst happens and 9 in a row is blown, the Celtic board better be prepared for what is coming their way. It will not be pretty. 

honestly what’s big fascination of 9 and 10 iar? it’s scottish football and means jack shit to anyone. who cares if you dominate scottish football. europe is where it’s at. terrible away record especially in europe. face it celtic are third rate in europe

4 minutes ago, Ylf said:

honestly what’s big fascination of 9 and 10 iar? it’s scottish football and means jack shit to anyone. 

Well then f**k off and support an EPL team if it means f**k all to you but for me its what I watch most and rarely watch anything else these days

Gary from Dundee has been a Celtic fan his whole life, in 25 years he’s attended over 7 games to watch the famous green and white.

He has already drafted a “LAWELL OUT” Banner should the unthinkable happen and someone else win a trophy.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If we don’t win 9 leagues in a row it won’t be pretty.

What a statement, what a club.

I wouldn't expect you to understand. You do not have a rivalry like we have with the dead club(and their zombie reincarnation) and your team has no chance of ever rewriting the history books. Winning 10 in a row has never been done before in this country and it is a huge fucking deal to Celtic fans. Trivialise it or make it about self entitlement if you want. But make no mistake, it matters. 

Edited by The Chief