Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

2 hours ago, TavTastic said:

IMG_20190814_075116.thumb.jpg.848b1788547aaad7f06daf939f752a49.jpg

This one is comedy gold 🤣

"Support Celtic in Europe or you're destroying the NHS!!!"

"Money that could have been spent buying players from your team"

Are we meant to be grateful that the cheeks can cherrypick our better players for their bench? If they don't have the asking price for McKenna because of this then it's a bonus for us (fans). 

Also, to the extent that the money would be paid in transfer fees to outside the UK it wouldn't be taxed in the UK. I'd be astonished if Celtic paid Corporation Tax, so the only way it could be taxed is if paid out as wages, which could be replaced by debt or equity investment. 

According to that song the green brigade quoted, HM Lizzy will happily waive the £15m to keep Celtic down. No deportation required. 

Not seen the highlights yet other than the inexplicable hand ball but as for the game:

Bizarre team selection. Looks like he tried to fit his best players in the team and abandoned playing tactically. Lennon vastly underestimated Cluj.

Terrible subs. I don’t mind Morgan but he's clearly nowhere  as good as Sinclair is. And Shved has done as much as Morgan  in his cameo appearance as Morgan has in all his appearances this season. He needs to develop more elsewhere first for me. Also Chucking a not match fit striker on showed he was out of ideas and desperate.

As shite as it feels today it was some game to be at and watch. Atmosphere electric at times minute to deafly tense silence for an age when we we were looking for a goal.

As much as 2 errors in Bain and Brown cost us the manager fucked up more than them for me.

Guest Moomintroll
Not seen the highlights yet other than the inexplicable hand ball but as for the game:
Bizarre team selection. Looks like he tried to fit his best players in the team and abandoned playing tactically. Lennon vastly underestimated Cluj.
Terrible subs. I don’t mind Morgan but he's clearly nowhere  as good as Sinclair is. And Shved has done as much as Morgan  in his cameo appearance as Morgan has in all his appearances this season. He needs to develop more elsewhere first for me. Also Chucking a not match fit striker on showed he was out of ideas and desperate.
As shite as it feels today it was some game to be at and watch. Atmosphere electric at times minute to deafly tense silence for an age when we we were looking for a goal.
As much as 2 errors in Bain and Brown cost us the manager fucked up more than them for me.

Balanced, honest opinion as always there gannonball. Haven't been paying too much attention but was Jonny Hayes out injured? If not, would surely have been better playing him & keeping McGregor in midfield if Lennon thought Bolingoli needed out of the firing line.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Balanced, honest opinion as always there gannonball. Haven't been paying too much attention but was Jonny Hayes out injured? If not, would surely have been better playing him & keeping McGregor in midfield if Lennon thought Bolingoli needed out of the firing line.

Agreed I don't think he thought Bolingoli had the discipline at the moment to work the line himself in such an important tie. Mcgregor doesn't really have the pace or engine to do that either though. Thats where Hayes possibly should have come in for me if he really wanted this formation.  He basically didn't want to drop anyone from Brown,Mcgregor,Ntcham and Christie and came up with a strange solution to accommodate them all. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Agreed I don't think he thought Bolingoli had the discipline at the moment to work the line himself in such an important tie. Mcgregor doesn't really have the pace or engine to do that either though. Thats where Hayes possibly should have come in for me if he really wanted this formation.  He basically didn't want to drop anyone from Brown,Mcgregor,Ntcham and Christie and came up with a strange solution to accommodate them all. 

Managers who change the system to accommodate players don't usually last long and if he done this as you said then got what he deserved.
look at the team your are playing, their strengths, their weaknesses, work out best system to play and then  look at your own players as who can adapt to that system. Did Lennon do that, suppose that's up for everyone's debate. Only he himself and the players know.

I watched the game last night until the 40th minute and then had to go back to work but I thought the worst player was McGregor, he even forgot to take the ball with his at left back when he went by a player and then tugged the player back to give away a free kick. In saying that's, its not McGregor's fault, he's not a left back so shouldn't be playing there.  I don't know how he was in second half as I can only go by what I noticed last nights first half.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Tri-colour down economics 🤣 - cracker!

That economics rant is the biggest minter of this whole affair. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the highlights. But also agree it’s a shame the Celtic commentators are relatively normal ‘fans tv’ commentators who go daft at a home goal but are relatively fair with the opposition and tend to stay level-headed. Unfortunately not on the same level as the sycophantic gloriousness that is Tom and the boys. I’m away to watch the best of Rangers TV commentary right now...

5 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

🤣

It's a shame the Celtic commentators are relatively normal ‘fans tv’ commentators who go daft at a home goal but are relatively fair with the opposition and tend to stay level headed

200.gif

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I doubt somebody so gormless and boring could have spirit really. For the avoidance of doubt Im talking about you not Broony.

Your pain is thrilling.

It seems so unfair that you backed the horse with all the advantages and still lost, doesn't it?  You cannot cope.