Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

8 hours ago, The OP said:

Congratulations to Rangers on winning the “Second in the league on goal difference Hogmanay 2018” trophy, the “Pre Season Champions Summer 2019” trophy and “Beat the Danish runners up when Celtic lost to the Romanian champions” trophy.  It’s quite right that they should be all over us like a cheap suit.

Sometimes it's best to just say nothing at all.

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Celtic have crashed out of the Champions League on away goals after conceding four times to CFR Cluj of Romania in a frantic game in Glasgow.

Really?

Weeell, strictly speaking, VERY strictly...he's right!   😉   

9 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

IMG_20190813_231117.thumb.jpg.5c00356cae70c78f78c07967d1e1426e.jpgIMG_20190813_231123.thumb.jpg.86842ab15e3d287d8d84272accc8c6af.jpg

9 hours ago, Victor von Doom said:

James Gandolfini appears to have lost some hair and gained some weight in the afterlife.

Not to mention Andy Warhol just above him. It's like the bloody Sixth Sense here.

Credit to Lennon for trying to write off Europe in order to concentrate on getting 9 in a row. There can't be any other excuse for playing your best midfielder at left back, not putting on a 6'5" defender to shore up a defence that was clearly struggling with the oppositions attacking set up, and putting  Lewis Morgan on the park to ensure there was next to no threat on the left when it looked like the team might pull something off despite his best efforts not to.

Christie and Edouard were excellent for Celtic last night. The right back looks good too. The rest of the team were degrees of horrendous.

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Credit to Lennon for trying to write off Europe in order to concentrate on getting 9 in a row. There can't be any other excuse for playing your best midfielder at left back, not putting on a 6'5" defender to shore up a defence that was clearly struggling with the oppositions attacking set up, and putting  Lewis Morgan on the park to ensure there was next to no threat on the left when it looked like the team might pull something off despite his best efforts not to.

Christie and Edouard were excellent for Celtic last night. The right back looks good too. The rest of the team were degrees of horrendous.

It was a real Lennon masterclass - McGregor at left back with a £3m left back on the bench, failing to shore it up with Bitton or the £7m centre back at 2-1 and 3-2 and throwing on Bayo as an act of utter desperation towards the end. Although I'm sure he, like me, still can't work out why Scott Brown handled the ball. 

I reckon we should go out and buy a keeper then put him on the bench a lot. 

Edited by The OP

1 hour ago, TavTastic said:

IMG_20190814_075116.thumb.jpg.848b1788547aaad7f06daf939f752a49.jpg

This one is comedy gold 🤣

"Support Celtic in Europe or you're destroying the NHS!!!"

I could support Celtic in Europe. I could also sit and extract my pubic hairs individually with tweezers. There’s tons of things in life I could do, but clearly, never will.

IMG_20190814_075116.thumb.jpg.848b1788547aaad7f06daf939f752a49.jpg
This one is comedy gold 🤣
"Support Celtic in Europe or you're destroying the NHS!!!"

St Johnstone rolling over 7-0 and not giving them the domestic competition that they seem to think they need to compete in Europe. Absolute Perthshire class. #thegreatergood 

Yes, but that also means that St Johnstone are responsible for the current state of the NHS and Police Scotland!

I didn’t find the Celtic tv commentary particularly funny and they seemed pretty grounded guys considering the team they support, the Rangers tv guy is much funnier when they get beat.

Thought Cluj looked good on the ball and scored pretty neat goals, Celtics goals were good but they looked pish in defence and Bain looked awful in goals, wish I had watched.