Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

Bolingoli's performance last night had Celtic fans pining for the halcyon days of Saidy Janko and Tyler Blackett.

Decent result, all things considered. Would be surprised if Celtic don't go through from this position. Would expect that significant improvement will be needed in the play offs if they want to get to the groups.

Decent result, ok performance. Would fancy us to win at home in the 2nd leg.

Lawwell will have an absolute lob on at the thought of banking the Tierney, Dembele, Armstrong, Rodgers and Van Dijk money and us scraping through to the group stages without spending any of it.

However with the current squad I would predict the following results:

Celtic 2 Cluj 1.

Celtic 2 Slavia 1.

Slavia 5 Celtic 1.

Bolingoli to be at fault for at least 6 of those conceded.

15 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'd say Lewis Morgan is a bottom 6 player at best.  Despite what St Mirren fans say.  

Some of them said he was better than Christie 😂

I watched Morgan quite often when he was at St. Mirren but that was a league below, and to be fair I don’t think many sensible Saints fans thought he was going to get near Celtics first team for a few years. Infact some were hopeful of an 18 month loan deal back to them. 

Morgan has all the trickery and can provide flashes of excellent skill, but he doesn’t have the stature or presence to be able to play in that Celtic team when they come up against better European teams. He’s still young but I can see the script being he gets loaned out somewhere, has a half decent season and the team make an offer to keep him permanently. 

On 08/08/2019 at 10:19, TheScarf said:

I'd say Lewis Morgan is a bottom 6 player at best.  Despite what St Mirren fans say.  

Some of them said he was better than Christie 😂

Did they? I'm not saying they didn't, I just don't remember people saying that. Although to be fair, it's way down the list of mental things St Mirren fans have said :lol:

1 minute ago, alang1993 said:

Did they? I'm not saying they didn't, I just don't remember people saying that. Although to be fair, it's way down the list of mental things St Mirren fans have said :lol:

Yeah as you were winning the Championship a couple of years back.  It was pointed out at the time that Christie had the cigars out at a higher level but they still said he was better despite playing against Dumbarton, Brechin and Falkirk etc.

50 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah as you were winning the Championship a couple of years back.  It was pointed out at the time that Christie had the cigars out at a higher level but they still said he was better despite playing against Dumbarton, Brechin and Falkirk etc.

Fair enough. Had a quick look but couldn't find any posts. It definitely sounds like something our fans would say

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Elhamed looks like an upgrade on Lustig at RB.

Was just coming to post this. Looks very decent. 

Christie dives, "you have to say, it was only Christine's athleticism that stopped him getting injured there"