Celtic in Europe 2019-20

The OP

Here we go again, four qualifying rounds to negotiate if we want to be roundly pumped in the group stage of the Champions League. We would be in pot 3 if we make it but pot 4 will likely contain teams like Atalanta and RB Leipzig so it may not be a massive boost compared with getting Monchengladbach and Anderlecht out of pot 3 in previous seasons. In any event, we'll need to focus on dispatching four champions of other European countries before that stage, so the possible round 1 opponents currently are* - 

CLR1 19May.png

Green teams have already won their league and teams in white have yet to. Also, Red Imps will have to negotiate the Prelim round against the Andorrans, Sammarinese and Kosovans. I think they normally regionalise the draw for round 1 so hopefully we'll be paired off with diddies from the UK, Iceland and the Faroes rather than the champions of Poland and Romania. If we lose here we still drop into the Europa League's second qualifying round. 

* All credit goes to moravcik67 on kerrydalestreet.co.uk who is good at tables but can't spell Gibraltar

On 29/05/2019 at 10:33, Stevie67 said:

Lincoln Red Imps pleaseemoji23.png

I mean the first leg was embarrassing as f**k but we did rather coast through the second. I’d far rather them than Ferencvaros, Cluj or Piast Gliwice!

I mean the first leg was embarrassing as f**k but we did rather coast through the second. I’d far rather them than Ferencvaros, Cluj or Piast Gliwice!
July is the only time we're big hitters in europe!!!..bring it on ..we fear no one[emoji23]

5 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

July is the only time we're big hitters in europe!!!..bring it on ..we fear no oneemoji23.png

I know the “Champions League should be for Champions” chat is tedious, but mad to think we could have to beat (for example) the Romanian champions, Swedish champions, Greek champions and Swiss champions just to get into the first round of the tournament proper.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

I know the “Champions League should be for Champions” chat is tedious, but mad to think we could have to beat (for example) the Romanian champions, Swedish champions, Greek champions and Swiss champions just to get into the first round of the tournament proper.

The champions route is the real European cup imo. Then whoever of us get through Celebrate by diddying the f**k out the group stages 8)

IMG_20190608_182404.thumb.jpg.38d7e93af3b7c36008611651bee84d23.jpgThat's the first round teams we could get, would definitely want to avoid Cluj or Gliwice. IMG_20190608_182430.thumb.jpg.bbe6be34f8ca4601e18eeed6ed64e350.jpgSecond round opponents. Would love TNS or Dundalk. The Poles and Romanians are still the ones to avoid for me along with AIK and Maccabi Tel Aviv. 

On 12/06/2019 at 19:10, wastecoatwilly said:

I see they may change to a 48 team champions league.

Nice. Great that 1st down to 7th in the English, Spanish, German, Italian and French leagues can play in the ‘champions’ league and everyone else can come back 10 days after season ends to play even more qualifying rounds. 

Guest DAVIDB69
One of 
Valletta (MLT)
Sarajevo (BIH)
Sutjeska (MNE)
Partizani (ALB)
Saburtalo (GEO)
Valletta would be decent.

You probably would not want Sarajevo be roasting there

15 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

You probably would not want Sarajevo be roasting there

Think they'd all be pretty roasting. Mainly southern and southeastern Europe with an Asian team thrown in. 

Guest DAVIDB69
My mum ran a charity to Bosnia during the war and she gave my 6 foot snooker table to a community centre in Sarajevo probably firewood now.
Nice people thou.

Yes I remember when I went to Mostar incredibly nice and friendly people