Lowlight(s) of the season

21 hours ago, Mordecai said:

Conceding 4 penalties at Ibrox had me wondering what the point was.

Conceding, or having them awarded against us? Two very different things, but that was a particularly dark day, wondering how we could ever beat automatic relegation against odds like that.

13 minutes ago, DXBBud said:

Conceding, or having them awarded against us? Two very different things, but that was a particularly dark day, wondering how we could ever beat automatic relegation against odds like that.

I'd have happily slunk back to the Championship at that point. Once again, for the record, the penalties didn't change that result - the game was basically over after the legit first penalty - but nobody goes to football to see a referee doing that.

• Losing Rodger for a few months
  • Accies 1-2 Motherwell Reserves
  • The lies peddled about Accies fans after the incident with Canning's dad
  • Chucking a two goal lead against Livingston 
  • St Mirren 2-0 Accies
  • Darren Lyon getting released

3 hours ago, gkneil said:

Piss poor recruitment again (Forrester & Gleeson)

Piss poor home record

Main gripe for me this season is the fact we are horrible to watch compared to the team from 2014-2017

I think that coincides from ICT becoming weaker tbf.  We can take some credit for that period for Aberdeen.  

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think that coincides from ICT becoming weaker tbf.  We can take some credit for that period for Aberdeen.  

Aye, we went 1 player too many with Tansey

The low point for me was sitting in Hampden watching St Mirren scrape a 0-0 draw with Queens Park in the league cup group stages, heart sinking and knowing we were fucked. Watching guys like Heaton, the 70k signing of the summer look utterly out his depth, Kpekewa next to him just as bad. McGinn, Flynn and Baird looking shadows of the players they were the season before.

A lot of us, probably myself included, tried to put it down to pre season and a team trying to gel, and various other excuses, but we all knew we were in trouble. All the momentum and good feeling from the previous season was gone, and we hadn't even played a league game yet. It was shite.

Losing 0-1 at home to Dunfermline in the group stage of the League cup. They were nothing more than mediocre, yet they bullied us, looked far more organised and purposeful than us, and we never ever threatened to get to grips with the game at any point. Was a massive 'oh shite' moment as it dawned that in our first competitive game of the season of any sort of decent level, we'd actually somehow gone backwards from a few months before. Lots of hope in the unknowns McCann had brought in over the summer, and not an ounce of anything promising on show. Hoped that was just a blip, but as it turned out it was pretty much a barometer for the rest of the season. We played Championship teams 4 times, won zero, drew one, and lost three. TBH I think the Dees talking about us bouncing straight back up are a wee bit optimistic.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Two low lights of the season stand out.

The match away to Hearts in December and the 90+ minutes of absolutely zero entertainment hoof ball that followed.  We were all sitting in a great stadium, with a big crowd, under the lights yet in this setting the football on offer from both teams was akin to pub league stuff.   It seemed to sum up just how distance modern football is from what goes on in Scottish football.  We are 30 years behind.   You could justify, although I don't go along with it, that Motherwell could perhaps be excused, they have a small budget and they are competing against teams with 2, 5, 10 times the resources but for Hearts to play like that against a then pretty poor Motherwell team, at home, that's more or less inexcusable.   Walking back to Haymarket I heard in on a lot of Hearts fan chatter and they sounded as if they had lost the match and in a way they had because we'd all lost the match.  It might have been 1-0 to the home side but there are absolutely no winners from football played in that style.  Both embarrassing and frankly an absolute atrocious bore. 

The second low light was the week after the Hearts match, a rare away win at St. Johnstone.  However, McDiarmid's was absolutely baltic, foggy and desolate and I then walked back to Perth station in some of the worst weather I've ever encountered.  Driving sleet, mixed with non stop torrential rain, with the temperature probably just about zero with wind chill.  I literally couldn't have been wetter if I'd jumped in the ocean and my jeans were still soaked through when I got home at 9.30-ish.  One of those one's where you really question if being a football fan is worth it.    

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

Same low point as every St Mirren top flight season. Realising that for a few games each season, you need to breathe the same air as ‘Old Firm’ supporting wanks.

The entitlement. The songbooks. The smoke bombs. The military-grade detonators. The Palestinian flags. The orange order tat around their necks.... 

Next question please.

Home draw against Livingston 1-1. Might sound strange as we never lost the match, but we should have. The style of play would have made your eyes bleed. Continually lumping the ball to nobody.
Also the Scottish Cup defeat to Ross County. It was the turning point in our season, but it was another grim performance with a terrible style.

February onwards has been fairly decent.

On 28/05/2019 at 10:38, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The League cup Semifinal at Murrayfield

More specifically Steven Naismith getting stretchered off 8 minutes into the League cup Semifinal at Murrayfield

Screenshot_20190602-154618_Gallery.jpg

The first 20 minutes of our last two matches at Fir Park were fucking abysmal. Well’s new style of play seems to be our kryptonite, just couldn’t cope at all and honestly could’ve left at half time of both games without missing much. Scott Tiffoney at least made the last 15 minutes of the final game more interesting.

Getting rode 3-0 off the **** at home in January was also nigh-on unbearable. Think we’ll be getting treated to more afternoons like that next season...

The whole Neil Lennon debacle.. falling out with players.. refusing to change the shape that wasn't working.. the whole "was he sacked or did he resign?" malarkey.. 

Ryan Gauld, Thomas Agyepong and Darnell Johnson's loans being decimated by injury..

Efe leaving..

Four months of shite form topped by the derby defeat at ER..