Lowlight(s) of the season

At the start of the season I thought Forrester and Gleeson would be the midfield fulcrum for us. How wrong that would be. Thank goodness for Lewis Ferguson.

The amount of dropped points at home this season ultimately cost us 3rd. Losing 2-0 to Hamilton was the nadir of that.

Ball getting sent off in the Scottish Cup semi - think we’d have had every chance of winning that and the final if we’d kept 11 on the park.

Likewise, GMS getting knocked out in the LC final. We had a fantastic shot in that game too. We lose our in-form winger, don’t get a penalty for it, and concede in the immediate aftermath when it was clear some of the players were still shaken by the injury.

We win that, the season’s a success. No doubt about it. We also have an enormous momentum boost going into the second half of the season, GMS is maybe still alive, and we have a shot in the SC semi.

Alas.

Getting 3 sent off against aberdeen caused massive seethe and heads gone all over Rugby Park, however that made getting 3rd even more sweeter

Sir Stevie leaving is very shite

taking a scudding at Parkhead after going top the weekend before was kinda shite 

In relation to the amount of shite weve put up with before SC this season has been absolutley fucking glorious

Didnt even know about this, I assume he got a sair puss?

Hopefully. Was quite a bit away from where I was sat but seemed to be a bit of a situation for longer than I’d expect it to take to huckle someone out.

On 26/05/2019 at 18:08, Scotty Tunbridge said:
  • Breaking every teams run of bad games. Getting beat 1-0 off hibs with no shots on target after them failing to win in 8 was a sickner/casing point.

Casing point :lol:

Levein should probably have gone after the 5-0 humping at Livingston. An utter embarrassment.

Pretty much everything before mid-February.

The start of the season though up until about late September/early October, coming off the back of promotion and a good first league game, then going 2-0, 3-0 down early doors on a weekly basis and knowing that you've meekly surrendered already and the game is over after 15-20 minutes. Every single week. And watching the team you held off with relative ease the season before, getting a dream start that secured their safety long before the bells.

The Hampden matches against Celtic. The first one we were solid, but lost the goal on the back of the players losing their concentration just after the GMS injury (and non-penalty award).
Second was the heads gone tale of red cards and penalties that make you wonder why you bother making a 300 mile round trip only for Craig Thomson to steal the show.

The three home matches to St Mirren, Hamilton and Livingston where we took 2pts in Feb/Mar - the Livi match was brutally cold, lashing rain and one of the most depressing spectacles I have sat through in many a year.

My mate who's living down south told me in February that he was coming home for a week and was desperate to see us play given he'd missed almost all of the sweet #juggernaut action. Said he wanted to go to any of our games that were on that week. A stroke of luck - we've got a cup replay that week and a good opportunity to go for an away day and have a smashing time with some of the guys we went to school with and grew up with.

Pumped five-zip from the ***s. He decided not to come with me to that Saturday's game at Livi, which we also duly lost. Oh well.

Other than that there really wasn't much to complain about. Losing 5-1 at Parkhead was disappointing but I was more angry about the post-split Aberdeen game and the ref's performance. However it did make that third-placed finish all the sweeter, and the schadenfreude from Greg Stewart leaving for Aberdeen to finish high in the league and win trophies... Delicious stuff.

Piss poor recruitment again (Forrester & Gleeson)

Piss poor home record

Main gripe for me this season is the fact we are horrible to watch compared to the team from 2014-2017

Guest Bob Mahelp

In no particular order ....

-Oor wee purple patch of home games against Stenhousemuir, Hamilton, St Mirren and Livi. Couldn't buy a win and it looked like Mark McGhee had taken charge again.

-Coming up against Celtic in the cups. Again. Not competing against Celtic in the cups. Again.

-Awful recruitment last July and August.  Left us hamstrung for most of the season.

-Greg Stewart.

Not a lot to be down about for Livi fans....season went better than expected even with the post Christmas drop in form. The worst thing has to be hearing Gallagher and Halkett had sign PCAs with Motherwell and Hertz respectively