Irvine Vics ground for sale?

tombo

Correct WWR, the old shipyard and Vics Park was split by an access road to the field behind which the old farmer refused to sell when the land was sold to the original developer. Made no sense at the time to build a private housing scheme with a farmer access right in the middle of it. That gave us a stay of execution but looks like that has all changed now.

shit that does not look good for the vics, they could buy the land that the ground sits on but i cant see them having the money for that, really hope they can find a resolution... i suppose moving to the sports club could be an option as it is the correct side of the river but access isnt great...

best of luck to the vics as i had a soft spot for them when my fitba maw (wee sheena, god bless, miss you xx) was there

Just googled this and the vics park is definitely up for sale I'm taking it the club know about this and are working behind the scenes with the council to try and save the ground but the way the council are now with cutbacks it going to be difficult. I remember when the buffs park was being sold and the council bought it but back then they weren't the same cutbacks happening . The only option I see is the vics doing what the buffs are doing now and move over to the sports club but what ever is happening here hope the vics continue to survive.

We might get it for a knock down price given that there is Jehovah's Witness hall sandwiched in between the Women's Aid and a Homeless Unit. Who would want to buy a house and live there. They should give us the ground gratis since we bring some respectability to the area.[emoji6]

We might get it for a knock down price given that there is Jehovah's Witness hall sandwiched in between the Women's Aid and a Homeless Unit. Who would want to buy a house and live there. They should give us the ground gratis since we bring some respectability to the area.[emoji6]
Hope the club can get something fixed with either current or future owners.
At very worst having next season there as I can't see the sale and any planning issues being resolved quickly.
Would be a great shame to lose their home after so long.