Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

On 24/07/2023 at 20:31, bennett said:

A lot of new players and not much time for them to gel, if we fcuk it up then dropping down to the Europa might not be the worst thing in the world fitba wise.

To be fair, in the pre-season friendlies it's been the defence which has been a shambles so far. And they're pretty much unchanged. 😱

12 hours ago, AJF said:

So it’s Servette we will face in the third qualifier. They beat Genk on penalties after drawing 2-2 even though they were down to 10 men since the 3rd minute! 

I imagined Genk to be the tougher game. Don't know enough of either and didn't watch their games so it is totally without knowledge but I think this is possibly a better tie for you.

3 minutes ago, ahemps said:

I imagined Genk to be the tougher game. Don't know enough of either and didn't watch their games so it is totally without knowledge but I think this is possibly a better tie for you.

Yeah, I tend to agree. I think Genk looked the more dangerous tie. They finished top of the Belgian league "Regular Season" before their play offs kicked in which they lost out on so it seemed like they might be a tricky opponent, particularly if the standard of USG who we played last season was anything to go by. They made it to the quarter final of the Europa League after we put them out of CL qualifying so it had me quite wary of the quality of the Belgian league.

The stadium in Geneva is massive, i was over in 2016 when they were on their "journey" back through the Swiss leagues after a couple of financial melt downs and they a dodgy owner....I am not aware of the face painter but everything else will seem familiar

I happen to know the head of media so ended up taking pictures at a local derby played in front of 2000 fans, it was explained to me later that the Swiss fans , especially in Geneva will only turn out to watch a quality team and as the ice hockey team were doing well they were getting all the backing

There are 6 dressing rooms and i would guess that any Rangers fan who wishes a ticket will get one as top end Servette pull about 12,000 to 15,000 fans  

Good to get back into European action and I’m hopeful that a heavy fixture load will help this team play into form and get up to speed because it severely needs it.

Either way it looks like we’d need to beat PSV to make it through and putting the obvious monetary incentives aside, the Europa League is a no bad consolation to the CL if we are just going to get pumped every game anyway.

Edited by AJF

40 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Sorry lads, slacking a bit (was at The Meg 2 earlier), almost forgot.

IMG_6367.gif

Watching a Jason Statham film & Sevco on the same day?!

Dafuq is wrong with you?

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Either way it looks like we’d need to beat PSV to make it through

PSV looked very good last night against Sturm Graz. Your pre season form won't cut it imo.

Looks like tonights visitors are struggling for players not taking into account the lad who got denied entry to the Uk, home win surely? If not Beale gone already?

14 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Prehistoric creatures from the deep coming out to spite humanity. Enough about tonight's home team, how was The Meg?

Thats the final part of the trilogy.

The Meg 3: Orcnado.