Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

10 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Now I’ve had time to actually watch and absorb the highlights, did we go through with two of the most Danny Baker’esque gaffs in CL history?

It was a very tight tie overall and the main difference in the end was the quality of keeper. McLaughlin made some great saves last night while that PSV howler at Ibrox is one of the worst I've ever seen.

11 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Not going to lie.  This is fucking delicious. 

Didn't Lawrence smack one off the bar after a mazy?  Lundstrum almost scored too. Pretty sure that's creating chances.

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Didn't Lawrence smack one off the bar after a mazy?  Lundstrum almost scored too. Pretty sure that's creating chances.

Indeed.  I think the keeper also spilled one that Lawrence(?) hit from the edge of the area.

Now, PSV had a number of chances that they would have expected to score at least one of, but they didn't, but thems the breaks sometimes. 

I also remember Veerman being second best to pretty much everyone all night. 

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

15 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Indeed.  I think the keeper also spilled one that Lawrence(?) hit from the edge of the area.

Now, PSV had a number of chances that they would have expected to score at least one of, but they didn't, but thems the breaks sometimes. 

I also remember Veerman being second best to pretty much everyone all night. 

Tillman had a shot soon after he scored , saved by the keeper.

Actually the stats are pretty even. They had 16 shots to our 14 and 4 on target versus our 4. 5 corners each. Possesion was 57/43 to PSV.

5 minutes ago, FredFlintsone said:

Tillman had a shot soon after he scored , saved by the keeper.

Actually the stats are pretty even. They had 16 shots to our 14 and 4 on target versus our 4. 5 corners each. Possesion was 57/43 to PSV.

I saw the stats combined for the two games and they were very close, with Rangers just edging it on chances created and shots on target.  Whilst that doesn't tell the whole story, it does show that it was a very evenly contested tie over the two legs. 

Only one thing is certain. BT Sport will be phoning Stevie G to see if he fancies a bit of studio punditry. Glamour draw for the Sevco, and I’m sure there will be no reports of any fan problems at the three away games and cities the hordes will be visiting.  Erm…

Take that. Really wanted an English team and it's not impossible to imagine that we could finish 3rd even if it's going to be very tough. Certainly harder groups anyway. Now to wait on these fixtures so I can book...

Oaft! Difficult games in there.

Liverpool are having a bit of a wobble though?…. 

Napoli and Ajax we could maybe win against at Ibrox?…

If we can avoid embarrassment and sneak into the Europa League that’ll do. Got to be realistic.

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Rangers have never played Liverpool in a competitive football match. I find that incredible. Great draw for Rangers fans who have a realistic chance of getting tickets, Liverpool, Amsterdam and Naples away? Tremendous.

Wait what?!

That’s a bit like those T-shirts that say: “New York, London, Paris, Methil” or some such other turdhole

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Why would you not go to Naples? Stunning city and Italian food.

I’d love to go, just not as a football fan. Mind you, not sure how prevalent the stabbings and scuffles are nowadays in Italy so it might be alright.