Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

59 minutes ago, AJF said:

Get fucking in there!

Thought we were the better team first 30 mins then all of a sudden PSV had us on the back foot and we were hanging on for half time.

Second half they started well but after soaking up a few attacks we looked comfortable and even after the goal it didn’t seem like we were in any great danger.

Sands was brilliant, particularly the second half. Tillman is clearly a very good player too, couple of times he could’ve released us for a break away though but got caught on the ball.

Ah, champions league baby.

I thought Kamara was immense, especially in the 1st half. Supposed to be on his way (maybe) but no way would I sell this guy for anything less than £15M

3 hours ago, Lex said:

No real surprise to see them go through really. Wasn’t anything between the teams over the two legs but they just know how to win them. No penalties or extra time needed again either.
Some epic time wasting and shit housery from the goal onwards right enough, the kind their fans rail against when on the other end of it in Scotland.
I know I’m probably out of step with most fellow diddy team fans, but I’m glad to see both of them in the UCL group stages. It’s extra money for us at the end of the day, even though they will probably both get humped out early doors.

What are the financial benefits to the rest of the league? This isn't trolling, I generally don't know.

4 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

What are the financial benefits to the rest of the league? This isn't trolling, I generally don't know.

There’s a level of payments towards academies etc. think it’s like £200k per top flight club? 

4 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Presumably the UEFA pound will more than make up for the Blue and Green pound which clubs are rejecting  so as to not have their stadia filled with bigots.  

Just five years since the 2-1 Agg loss to Lux side Progres Niederkorn, and dumped out in the first qualifying round of the Europa League. Given what Rangers achieved last year in European competition and CL Qualification secured this term, it’s some turnaround for the club. Pot 1 & 2 for today’s draw must look a wee bit daunting though. eek!

3 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Now I’ve had time to actually watch and absorb the highlights, did we go through with two of the most Danny Baker’esque gaffs in CL history?

Whilst Tillman has done exceptionally to anticipate the pass and press the defender, I would say the goalie is just as much to blame for playing him a shite ball.

So I think we can thank him for two of the goals over both legs.