Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I wish I hadn't started that now.

If you could just pop next door and start on the other lot now, that'll be appreciated I'm sure :) 

In the previous 18 pages of fun-filled banter I feel that special mention has to be made of @Sergeant Wilsons superb performance, let down only by the omission of "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" to finish. But a special award required here.

But let's hear it too for @AJF for his solo performance in demonstrating a greater sense of defence than his team in CL (in-)action. He rose nobly to nibble at vast offerings of bait as much as dropping the occasional acknowledgement of failings. Like The Rangers themselves others on his side were notable by their absence. Surprising that.

• 7 months later...

So there are reports that should we match or better the euro performances of 5 of our nearest coefficient rivals (Club Bruges, FC Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb, Slavia Prague and FC Basel) in the coming season, then we could secure a spot in the new Club World Cup in 2025.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Servette or Genk in the first qualifier.  I'd have said Genk were one of the teams to avoid. 

Yep - potential to be a bit of a tricky tie, although I hope that since we've got most of our business done early this season we will be ready by the time the match comes around.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Servette or Genk in the first qualifier.  I'd have said Genk were one of the teams to avoid. 

Aberdeen pumped Sevette 1-0 in 85 so as long as you've got a Frank McDougallesque character up front you should be fine.