Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

He is scrambling for any type of excuse after another pitiful display.

The difference in our energy and effort compared to only 5/6 months ago is astonishing. At that stage we were navigating through a congested fixture list, going to extra time in European (Braga) and domestic competition (Celtic) and actually looked fitter and hungrier.

We have regressed massively.

Is GVB worse than Pedro or Murty ? Come on, you know it makes sense to admit it !!

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Always a Celtic fan to come along and ruin the fun. 

“We might get pumped but we’ll be pure brilliant at it, unlike them!” 

FFS

They try so hard to be part of the gang...

F*** them.

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

1. First ever manager to reach -20 GD in Champs League

2. First manager to lead a Scottish club to 6 defeats in Champs League

3. Record home defeat

He’s pretty pish isn’t he. But, I think I know the real reason you rate him so highly.

10471FA9-7A08-4BB6-9FE9-F09109BFE534.png

Firstly, your question was do I think GVB is worse than Caixinha or Murty. Anyone looking at that question objectively will arrive at the same conclusion: no, he isn't. If you are suggesting otherwise based on his European record alone, then there's no point continuing the debate given what Gio achieved for us in Europe last season. Even qualifying for the CL this season and getting spanked in the group stage is more than Pedro or Murty achieved.

Secondly, you have implied that I rate him so highly for something that I did not know he had, nor do I know what a Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassau is. For one, I haven't said I rate him highly and I have been critical of his team. The original post of mine you actually quoted was me being critical of him...

But to suggest that he is worse than Caixinha or Murty is simply moronic. I don't take you for a moron, so I can only assume you are being disingenuous in your arguments. 

ETA: I've just googled this Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassua and it seems this is a military and civil award for special merits for society and has no religious basis whatsoever. Yeah, good homework you've done on that 🤣

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

ETA: I've just googled this Knight of the Order of Orange-Nassua and it seems this is a military and civil award for special merits for society and has no religious basis whatsoever. Yeah, good homework you've done on that 🤣

I am aware of this but the truth/reality isn’t as good as the headline/myth so I chose to ignore it 😉.

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I am aware of this but the truth/reality isn’t as good as the headline/myth so I chose to ignore it 😉.

So I am safe to assume you are also ignoring reality with the rest of your comments as well.

So, to paraphrase, its a case of ... "its really, really tough having to try to compete in this tournament against clubs who have vastly superior resources" ... That right, aye?  Try explaining that to the other 10 premiership clubs in Scotland.  Excuse me if I shed no tears.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

All I’ll say is that I’m delighted you’ve brought GVB ‘home’. As I stated the man is smashing records left, right and centre and it’s great to see someone on such a roll.

So aye, I'm taking from that you agree your comparisons with Pedro and Murty were disingenuous. Cheers.