Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

We were in a European final less than 20 years ago mate so you may wish to adjust your timeline a little and I wonder if Peps Barca thought the same when they came here in 2012? It’s not as if they weren’t arguable the greatest football side ever assembled was it? Football doesn’t work the way you describe hence why we love it, we also love it for heads gone moments like the one I’ve just quoted [emoji23]
Tito Vilanova's barca*

Seen a lot of Celtic fans thinking they beat Pep's barca. They never.

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Ha ha 😂 oh dear,Real Madrid just trying to survive against the mighty Glasgow Celtic ?  Oh Carlo, you really should try stand-up, you're a natural...... Real Madrid will not have an easier game all season is the truth of matter. 

there's still the home tie 

2 hours ago, Squonk said:

If only Gio and his troops had listened to the likes of HailHailHailey, they'd have easily countered the massive financial imbalance through better organisation, having a robust business plan and trying a lot harder.

As demonstrated so ably by Celtic...

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Do you really want us to talk about Rangers? I thought I was doing you a favour here mate 😉

Not particularly, but I'd rather read about Celtic's brave 3-0 home defeat in one thread rather than two.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not particularly, but I'd rather read about Celtic's brave 3-0 home defeat in one thread rather than two.

As I saw some genius on twitter put it; they’ve played two European finalists from last season, and are currently 4-3 up on aggregate.

😄

☹️

Rangers only saving grace is how horrendous Liverpool are, it'll be another one of those classic "wish both teams could lose" games.
Quite enjoying how poor Liverpool are tbh. What makes it good though is that the deluded folk among the Rangers support will think they have a chance as a result. A mediocre Liverpool side is still streets ahead of them and I reckon it'll be two comfy wins for Liverpool.

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Anyone else get the impression that Jinky and Kennie don’t exchange cards at Christmas ??

Och that's harsh. Would happily extend the felicitations of that or any other season to the good Jinkster. I'd even include a couple of my old 'Playing For Celtic' annuals from my boyhood where he can read about Celtic when they actually were a genuine European force.  Now where's that old copy of 'The Holy Ground of Glasgow Celtic' of my dad's. ?  I fancy a wee singalong to Dublin in the Green & the Green.

10 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Would be nervous if I was the Pope considering that the Rangers or Celtic never do anything in isolation....

"A 9 in a row for you, a 9 in a row for me, a humiliating CL gubbing for you, a humiliating CL gubbing for me....."

Excuse me, Kennie, we have two 9 in a rows to their paltry one and our European humiliation was to a far better team than their humiliation.

These things are important you know.

Real Madrid are 14 times European champions you nonsense merchant.......as if they'd allow themselves to be beaten by a diddy little secterian outfit whose days of European relevance ended at the boots of Athletico in 1974.  Yes they've done it before but decades ago and they sure aren't going to do it again. Get back into bed with your Bigotry pals from Ibrox and leave the big stage to the big boys.

I’ve seen from every club thread on this forum bigotry and racism it’s a Scotland wide problem and your naive to think it’s down to two clubs

Tito Vilanova's barca*

Seen a lot of Celtic fans thinking they beat Pep's barca. They never.

Pep left at end of season before dunno why people go on about pep as if he’s the best manager goi g he inherited a side from rijkaard best part of that squad was before him inherits a Bayern Munich squad then inherits billions at city either way that Barca team were top of the mountain