Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Ajax away

Napoli at home

Liverpool away

Liverpool at home

Napoli away

Ajax at home

That schedule is a killer. Amsterdam flights already sold out or extortionate. Even the ferry from Newcastle is ridiculous!

Just going to hope for Sport Options.

Edited by AJF

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

That schedule is a killer. Amsterdam flights already sold out or extortionate. Even the ferry from Newcastle is ridiculous!

Just going to hope for Sport Options.

Yeah very tight turn around always going to drive the price up.

Just now, AJF said:

Think we are settling on Brussels then train into Amsterdam. Much better prices.

Yeah sounds like a decent plan. Plenty of relatively close airports as well. Ryanair fly into Dusseldorf Weeze which is basically on the Dutch border. 

How long is the train between Brussels and Amsterdam?

12 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Yeah sounds like a decent plan. Plenty of relatively close airports as well. Ryanair fly into Dusseldorf Weeze which is basically on the Dutch border. 

How long is the train between Brussels and Amsterdam?

Looks like it’s just under 3 hours so it’s not too bad.

• The_Kincardine changed the title to Our Wee Champions League Spot in Europe - Season 2022/23

McGregor was showing his age last season and had a few howlers but also pulled off some saves that defied belief. 

Dropping McLaughlin could do more harm than good, it's hard to say without knowing him personally and how he handles pressure. 

Another calamity though could have some of the fans on his back. 

On 26/08/2022 at 00:24, Left Back said:

For the last wee while myself and my mates have all been saying thats them fucked looking at draws and results.  Like you say they keep pulling it out the bag.

I didn’t see the second leg but based on the first where there was a fag paper between the teams it didn’t surprise me you qualified based on what happened in the Europa last season.

Still think you’re fucked and the best you could possibly get is third though.  Liverpool and Ajax are a step up and even 2 points out of those 4 fixtures would be a result imo.  Even getting a win against Napoli is a stretch.

Rangers have a poor goalkeeper who is out of form even by his standards, a central defence that is lacking in pace and has even struggled domestically - couple that with a combative yet pedestrian midfield, then  I think Napoli is one of the games where they could take a scudding.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Goldson, Sands and McLaughlin are your triangle of terror 😂. Also interesting that only 2 of GVB’s summer signings are playing. Matondo behind Wright in the pecking order is some endorsement !!

Sounds like a Disney+ supervillain series.