Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Super_A said:

Naples is a manky shitehole. The food is obviously class though.

Your knowledge of Napoli is severely limited, if that's your opinion. It is a wonderful city. You should maybe visit some time but my advice is that you utilise all of your senses. You'll be impressed. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Naples is impressively still the dodgiest city in a list that includes Liverpool and Glasgow 

Depends who you ask. I've been in Napoli twice this year. It is a fantastic city with the best people you could hope to meet. Cant wait to go back. 

1 minute ago, DMCs said:

Horses for courses. I was there less than 3 months ago and did not enjoy it. Calabria was awesome overall though.

What's not to enjoy ? Basic pursuits like walking along the marvellous promenade,, people watching. The Chiostri de Santa Chiara for a bit of culture and history, stop off for a real coffee at Caffe Mexico or go to the Toledo district for some quality shopping. A never-ending array of restaurants serving the best in cuisine. There is, of course, so much more. It's a city with great atmosphere and wonderful people. When I see some of the put downs of such a great city it makes me wonder where these people consider worthy of their presence. 

I wonder what the (predominantly catholic) Neapolitans will make of the word fénian when it's being sung by the 'people'.
They will all be up the local infirmary with puncture wounds in both arse cheeks before they get within a mile of the stadium [emoji380][emoji380][emoji380]

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

We have been hearing this every single tie we have had in Europe for around the last year now 😂

For the last wee while myself and my mates have all been saying thats them fucked looking at draws and results.  Like you say they keep pulling it out the bag.

I didn’t see the second leg but based on the first where there was a fag paper between the teams it didn’t surprise me you qualified based on what happened in the Europa last season.

Still think you’re fucked and the best you could possibly get is third though.  Liverpool and Ajax are a step up and even 2 points out of those 4 fixtures would be a result imo.  Even getting a win against Napoli is a stretch.

7 hours ago, Left Back said:

For the last wee while myself and my mates have all been saying thats them fucked looking at draws and results.  Like you say they keep pulling it out the bag.

I didn’t see the second leg but based on the first where there was a fag paper between the teams it didn’t surprise me you qualified based on what happened in the Europa last season.

Still think you’re fucked and the best you could possibly get is third though.  Liverpool and Ajax are a step up and even 2 points out of those 4 fixtures would be a result imo.  Even getting a win against Napoli is a stretch.

I would gladly take 3rd 

All I am really looking for out the champions league is us to give it a go and make sure we are at least competitive in each game and not get any heavy defeats. I have seen enough from us in Europe the last few seasons to think that is a realistic possibility and think we may sneak a couple of points out of the Ibrox games. 

anything else is really a bonus 

Edited by Forever_blueco