Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

16 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

McIness is an absolute undiluted Rangers man, pretty embarrassing for killie. You can see that he is proper gutted. f**k you McIness. f**k Ayrshire sun beds. f**k Rangers. f**k the old firm. f**k the tories.. I think that covers it.

Would be quite weird if you had say, a *** and Killie icon as your avatar or something. 

A draw the best result we could have hoped for there. They completely bossed us second half. Ruud made the right changes and pressed us high enough that we couldn't build from the back at all. GvB should have changed it earlier and brought on another deeper midfielder to build from the back.

Another thing is that our midfield just isn't good enough at this level. We badly need someone to come in alongside Lundstram. Sangare is a superb player and completely dominated that area. 

With our current away European record I'd say this tie is over unless we pull off a miracle.

Is Kent a massive fraud of a footballer or was it just being bodied by their left back who was sensational?

Gio shat the bed not putting Morelos on and Tullman should have stayed on instead of Lawrence.  At least Tillman gave some drive and is effective at corners.

4 minutes ago, DMCs said:

A draw the best result we could have hoped for there. They completely bossed us second half. Ruud made the right changes and pressed us high enough that we couldn't build from the back at all. GvB should have changed it earlier and brought on another deeper midfielder to build from the back.

Another thing is that our midfield just isn't good enough at this level. We badly need someone to come in alongside Lundstram. Sangare is a superb player and completely dominated that area. 

With our current away European record I'd say this tie is over unless we pull off a miracle.

Yes. That struck me. A bit of class in midfield. But I guess all clubs in Scotland need that.

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

Would be quite weird if you had say, a *** and Killie icon as your avatar or something. 

Would absolutely be weird if he wasn't shooting his load, as a premier league striker, trying to win a header against a 1st division Ayr Utd defence in a derby that he lost.  Weird, as you say. Context.

27 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I wouldn’t write Rangers off yet. I wish I could but they hang on in Europe like a bad dose of the skitters.

Naw 

last season you told us every round our time was up and now your hitting out with this 

Thursday nights again it is until HT tells me we are going out 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Pretty even tonight and both teams could've edged it, a couple of honking corners though.

Colak seems to be getting sharper with every game and scored a great goal but a fully fit Morelos would have rag dolled their defence. 

I can see us being edged out by a single goal next week, that defence has a few lapses in it.

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Naw 

last season you told us every round our time was up and now your hitting out with this 

Thursday nights again it is

Yes. Last season led me to the conclusion that you hang around in Europe like a bad dose of the skitters. It’s reverse psychology. If I say you’ll win you’ll get fucked. Or something.

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Is Kent a massive fraud of a footballer or was it just being bodied by their left back who was sensational?

Gio shat the bed not putting Morelos on and Tullman should have stayed on instead of Lawrence.  At least Tillman gave some drive and is effective at corners.

Kent was very very poor. Not a fraud as he's been great in Europe generally but not started well this season.

All still to play for 

set pieces have been a long-standing problem for us in Scotland so no surprise to see them biting us on the arse at this level 

We are capable of getting the result over there but also just as capable of having further defensive brain farts . Home advantage will have them as slight favourites 

5 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Tillman 2 very weak shots straight at the goalie.Had some nice touches but needs to beef up.

He's young and inexperienced but if he keeps improving then we'll hopefully take the option to sign him.

Thought he should have passed rather than take the shots but he'll learn.

19 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Morelos is just back from a long term injury that needed surgery, probably best not to risk him on a heavy pitch. Though I was crying out for him at the time.

Tillman looked exhausted imo.

Kent kept at it, sometimes it just doesn't come off.

Edited by bennett

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

Kent was very very poor. Not a fraud as he's been great in Europe generally but not started well this season.

Kent only plays well when Rangers play on the break and has miles of space to run into. Its why he plays better in certain European games when teams dominate territory and Rangers hit on the counter.

Yes he can beat a man, but his actual final ball and decision making when the game closes up are so inconsistent.

He should be smashing the league every week but cant adapt his game to different defensive set ups. IMO if you get anything over £10mil for him Id be biting their hand off.

8 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

McIness is an absolute undiluted Rangers man, pretty embarrassing for killie. You can see that he is proper gutted. f**k you McIness. f**k Ayrshire sun beds. f**k Rangers. f**k the old firm. f**k the tories.. I think that covers it.

Aye that’ll be why he knocked them back when they came calling. 

I didn't think we played that well last night over the 90 mins, so to still be very much in the tie is a bonus.

The two goals lost from set pieces is something we need to sort out.  We were all over the shop defensively.  I thought Sands played better than he has done, so is maybe growing into that CB role a-la Calvin Bassey last season.  Barisic is back to his little boy lost routine, constantly getting dragged inside and leaving acres of space for their right sided players to run into.  We need to get Ridvan up to speed as it just seems like self harm continuing to play him.

Kent looked leggy to me, he still doesn't appear to be fully up to speed after his injury.  I've seen a bit of grumbling as to why Gio didn't bring on Morelos, but I don't think the game was crying out for him.  Colak was doing well in the job he'd been given and I doubt you'll see Alfie and him on the pitch together very often.

I had my doubts about Colak, but he seems to know where the goal is, so maybe we've finally got that alternative striker to Alfredo that takes the pressure of him and us. 

I fear for my TV if Scott Wright continues to make the absolute wrong choice for just about every ball that's played to his feet.

25 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I didn't think we played that well last night over the 90 mins, so to still be very much in the tie is a bonus.

The two goals lost from set pieces is something we need to sort out.  We were all over the shop defensively.  I thought Sands played better than he has done, so is maybe growing into that CB role a-la Calvin Bassey last season.  Barisic is back to his little boy lost routine, constantly getting dragged inside and leaving acres of space for their right sided players to run into.  We need to get Ridvan up to speed as it just seems like self harm continuing to play him.

Kent looked leggy to me, he still doesn't appear to be fully up to speed after his injury.  I've seen a bit of grumbling as to why Gio didn't bring on Morelos, but I don't think the game was crying out for him.  Colak was doing well in the job he'd been given and I doubt you'll see Alfie and him on the pitch together very often.

I had my doubts about Colak, but he seems to know where the goal is, so maybe we've finally got that alternative striker to Alfredo that takes the pressure of him and us. 

I fear for my TV if Scott Wright continues to make the absolute wrong choice for just about every ball that's played to his feet.

That one where for reasons known only to Scott Wright he picked the ball up around the half way line only to play the worst type of ball back to the goalie and almost send it out for a corner in the process had me spitting feathers