Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

47 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

My concern also.

A football match topic turns into folk talking about a c.... Queen.

Wow.

Must be such a disappointment to all the Old Firm Haters on here, the city of Seville is still largely intact.

Well done to the large Rangers support, who were on the whole very well behaved. 

I reckon if they do the quadruple of bottles on Saturday things will turn violent 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Poor fans, too tired to create an atmosphere 

If you're on the drink the whole day, by the time it comes 9 o'clock at night, the first thing you're gonnae do is not sing

:lol:

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

I'm so shattered. Had to sprint out the stadium and across most of Seville to catch my bus. Then got about 3 hours sleep in a bumpy 6 hour bus back to Madrid. And now I'm working 😂

Gutting game and end to it really. So close to winning that and I think Kent should buried that chance at the end.

I also don't understand why GVB didn't get Roofe on earlier. Having an actual striker who knows where to run made a difference in that last bit of ET. Ah well.

The ball was out so VAR would have done you in anyway. That would have been a real sickener.

Never felt as gutted after a game of football in my life.  I think it's worse this time than 2008 as we really could have won that game.

Proud of the team for the achievement of getting there, and I know that eventually this sick feeling I have will give way to a better feeling about the whole thing.  I can't explain how good it felt watching the game with me wee boy sitting there with his Rangers top, hat and jammie trousers on.  Seeing how caught up in the thing he was when we scored.

Sake, i'm tearing up again now. 

IMG20220518204934.jpg

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

4 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yep, puts to bed the myth that penalties are a lottery. No keeper was getting close to any they took. Well prepared. 

Ironically was in the Iron Horse bar on the day of the UEFA Cup final in 2008 and made the mistake of making that comment in the company of the late great Tommy Gemmell. He won't shy in disputing my statement haha

Edited by jagfox

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I did say that Rangers have unparalleled resources beyond every other club in Scotland bar Celtic, but the combined value of their squad is minuscule compared to some of the clubs that competed in the the EL this season. From a side that had just a stranded handful of contracted players (who couldn’t get deals elsewhere) just 10 years ago, to reaching a major European final is some turnaround. I didn’t say anything about fairytales or any other birthday caird pish! 

The value of their squad is high and the wages they're probably chucking around will not be on the low side. I think you're just talking about transfer fees here.

10 years ago they were chucking out deals to shite like Kevin Kyle. They had over 10 international players in their squad. They signed 10 players. They had a squad of 38 players.

Aye, what a story...

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Never felt as gutted after a game of football in my life.  I think it's worse this time than 2008 as we really could have won that game.

Proud of the team for the achievement of getting there, and I know that eventually this sick feeling I have will give way to a better feeling about the whole thing.  I can't explain how good it felt watching the game with me wee boy sitting there with his Rangers top, hat and jammie trousers on.  Seeing how caught up in the thing he was when we scored.

IMG20220518204934.jpg

Nice picture of the wean, seriously. Can we expect you to send a similar one of him in a Scotland top watching the game with you next month?

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Nice picture of the wean, seriously. Can we expect you to send a similar one of him in a Scotland top watching the game with you next month?

Well, he has two Scotland tops, so probably.

Was that not the answer you were looking for?

29 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

IMG20220518204934.jpg

I know where you’re coming from, mate. My 8 year old daughter asks me to play Paul Heaton tracks when she’s in the car with me. It makes me genuinely proud, weirdly, as I have been a fan of his for 30+ years.

She fucking hates Celtic though. And Rangers too. Football in general actually. The wee shite.