Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Love big Leon.  He's one of these players that just "gets" it. 

With Goldson likely to leave and Helander's injury issues it would definitely make sense to have him stay on another year.

22 minutes ago, DMCs said:

With Goldson likely to leave and Helander's injury issues it would definitely make sense to have him stay on another year.

Agreed. He doesn't seem to have shown any signs of decreased levels despite getting on a bit now. Seems as fit as a fiddle.

23 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The Madrid option is fucking brutal with train times 

22 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hire a car.

We took that option way back when, hired a car from the airport and drove to Costa del sol for a few days. 2 of us there and neither had driven abroad before so I stepped up to take the 1st shift. Drove out the airport and onto a motorway and sat in the same lane for 2/3 before stopping for a switch. Mate took over and within 15 mins we were going through the mountains then down onto the coastal roads, poor guy was a nervous wreck. 

Edited by Drew Brees

It doesn't seem like there are any official plans as yet for a fanzone that would accommodate those without tickets which I'm a bit miffed about.

Should I go without a ticket I don't want to be trawling Seville for a pub to watch the game in!

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

It doesn't seem like there are any official plans as yet for a fanzone that would accommodate those without tickets which I'm a bit miffed about.

Should I go without a ticket I don't want to be trawling Seville for a pub to watch the game in!

Doubt you’d get anywhere near a pub, they’ll be a crazy amount of fans from both teams going over, most without tickets. I’m sure they’ll have to set up a couple of fanzones, to keep fans apart if nothing else. 

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Have you not found out about your ticket yet? 

On 07/05/2022 at 22:19, DMCs said:

Cheers! I'm only in Seville less than 24 hours with the rest of the time in Madrid but any tips on places to go would be appreciated.

My mate got back to me. All he said was he rememberers we were in a Mexican restaurant, he was fucking starving and it was delicious. I vaguely remember it being delicious too, but I canny remember the name of it for the life of me. Sorry I can’t be of more help, mate. Too much alcohol at the time and too many years passed since :( 

Just now, Henrik's tongue said:

My mate got back to me. All he said was he rememberers we were in a Mexican restaurant, he was fucking starving and it was delicious. I vaguely remember it being delicious too, but I canny remember the name of it for the life of me. Sorry I can’t be of more help, mate. Too much alcohol at the time and too many years passed since :( 

Haha no worries!

40 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Doubt you’d get anywhere near a pub, they’ll be a crazy amount of fans from both teams going over, most without tickets. I’m sure they’ll have to set up a couple of fanzones, to keep fans apart if nothing else. 

That's what I was thinking. Would be chaos if both Rangers and Frankfurt fans were just left to find their own place to watch it.

38 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Have you not found out about your ticket yet? 

Nah. Although I misread a post which stated 9am today was the deadline for the second batch of tickets to be bought, I thought that was when the leftovers would be released, so I'd imagine the leftovers as a result of fans going on the official flights will be put out later today at some point.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

That's what I was thinking. Would be chaos if both Rangers and Frankfurt fans were just left to find their own place to watch it.

Nah. Although I misread a post which stated 9am today was the deadline for the second batch of tickets to be bought, I thought that was when the leftovers would be released, so I'd imagine the leftovers as a result of fans going on the official flights will be put out later today at some point.

Fingers crossed and all that. Hope you get one.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Sounds like emails are out. 1511 is the cut off I'm hearing. Sorry mate.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, just seen that. Gutted!

Horseshit how they took the 500 tickets off for segregation but took them from the actual club allocations rather than corporate or the UEFA ballots. Just dumb.

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Horseshit how they took the 500 tickets off for segregation but took them from the actual club allocations rather than corporate or the UEFA ballots. Just dumb.

What makes it worse is that I've seen some people that were below 1500 points but purchased the Edmiston House package which adds 50 MyGers points instantly rather than at the next points update which has now resulted in them being allocated a ticket.

I seriously wish I'd known that 😔

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

What makes it worse is that I've seen some people that were below 1500 points but purchased the Edmiston House package which adds 50 MyGers points instantly rather than at the next points update which has now resulted in them being allocated a ticket.

I seriously wish I'd known that 😔

Seriously? I would have thought they'd have balloted based on the figures from the April email? 

Wonder if the guy who said he got some from the ballot earlier in this thread still has some.

17 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Seriously? I would have thought they'd have balloted based on the figures from the April email? 

Wonder if the guy who said he got some from the ballot earlier in this thread still has some.

Aye, apparently so. There's a boy on another forum said he was below 1500 on Friday night, bought the Edmiston House package that night and then got his email today saying he's got a ticket as above 1511 points.

Haha, contacted that guy right after the game on Thursday but tickets were already away unfortunately.

Just now, AJF said:

Aye, apparently so. There's a boy on another forum said he was below 1500 on Friday night, bought the Edmiston House package that night and then got his email today saying he's got a ticket as above 1511 points.

Haha, contacted that guy right after the game on Thursday but tickets were already away unfortunately.

That's a daft way of doing it and if the case they really should make it much more clear about what when the points cutoff is calculated. 

Hopefully you can get something. If not are you able to watch the game in another part of Spain? I have a feeling it will be really hard in Seville due to all the fans from both teams going.