Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

b*****d that's annoying. You might have a chance. I'd be looking at alternatives though as supposedly our allocation has been reduced to 9.5k due to segregation seats.

I assume the organisers knew back in the day there would be two separate groups of fans that would require segregation?  Unless there’s something we’re missing that if it was two German teams in the final it would be a love in and they could all mix together.

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers fans celebrations never feature enjoyment, they feature violence. Time after time after time.

The Frankfurt fans seem that way inclined also.

"West Ham fans had been drinking in Waxy’s Pub and watching the semi final, when a group of Frankfurt Ultras donning face masks and wearing all black attacked them."

Several thousand  invaded the pitch . They were really fired up in comparison to what we recognise as a noisy support, i.e. the Ibrox horde.

If many fans from both side travel without tickets there will be trouble.

Big dugs, look out Orcs. (I don't suppose the dogs will be travelling...)

IMAGE_1651814954.webp

Edited by cyderspaceman

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Some of the routes I have heard already for getting to Seville are absolutely wild

Saw one yesterday - flight to Brussels, then to Valencia, over to Faro, bus back over the border to Seville 

1 minute ago, Scosha said:

Saw one yesterday - flight to Brussels, then to Valencia, over to Faro, bus back over the border to Seville 

I think id probably hire a camper van and drive there over 2 days. 

Surely with the money you'd save not hiring a camper van you could drive in your own car and stay in actual hotels (or chuck a tent in the back and stay in one of those €5 French campsites)?

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely with the money you'd save not hiring a camper van you could drive in your own car and stay in actual hotels (or chuck a tent in the back and stay in one of those €5 French campsites)?

Dunno, maybe. Camper van has comfort and flexibility.... Mainly just thinking these multi stop plane routes and struggling for digs in Seville sounds really shit

Thankfully we booked up flights to Faro and accommodation in Albufeira before the first leg in Leipzig.

Bus organised to take us to Seville and back. Really glad I did it early or I’d be looking at paying at least 3x as much if I was trying to book it now.

The Germans will NOT f**k about. 
I was at a Hamburg game a few years ago -coincidentally against Eintracht Frankfurt- in the block next to away end.
Hamburg fan runs up and spits at the 'pen' the Frankfurt fans were in.
Eintracht fans then start jumping the fence and both sets of fans start booting f**k out of each other in the stairway.
Riot Police situated in the foyer at the top all run down and draw their batons/guns and the Frankfurt just fans jump back over the fence back into their cage.

It was a bit surreal.
1) How quickly it escalated.
2) How the Police very rapidly dealt with it, wading in fully tooled up.
3) How quickly everyone was back at their respective bit just bouncing/singing again.

...Anyway.

On the ticket allocations etc - Aye, its a nonesene that probably 70% of tickets go to corporates etc.

2 hours ago, Orbix said:

Seen some doing the day and a half boat from Portsmouth to Santander and driving.😬

A day and a half in a boat just to get to the bank?

Online banking is much less hassle.

21 minutes ago, DMCs said:

That's me got mine there. No Category 2 tickets left if any of you were looking for those. I went Category 3.

From what I’m hearing I may have a chance if enough people above 1528 go official.