Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

That gives me that absolute fear. 

Edit: I've felt Ibrox move like that a couple of times.  Parma being one and when we went a goal up against Bayern in the CL. 

The only other place I've felt move like that was the Parc de Princes after Scotland beat France 

If you think that's bad don't watch video's of Frankfurt's ground. Its upper tier was designed to fucking bend when the fans are bouncing.

Spoiler

Edited by GiGi

4 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

That gives me that absolute fear. 

Edit: I've felt Ibrox move like that a couple of times.  Parma being one and when we went a goal up against Bayern in the CL. 

The only other place I've felt move like that was the Parc de Princes after Scotland beat France 

I was at Ibrox for a Rovers game back in 1993. The ref had the temerity to give us a dodgy penalty which we scored to go 1-0 up. Then Hately got a double to put Rangers in front. I was standing in the bottom deck of the Broomloan Stand and I could feel the ground shaking while the singing was deafening. Definitely an intimidating atmosphere. Difficult to recreate that in Seville.

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

How many games does that equate to?

You get points for various things, like attending matches, buying various memberships, RTV subscriptions but to illustrate it, you get 5 points per home match.

Your total is calculated over the previous 5 seasons so if I’d attended just 6 extra matches in the last 5 years I’d have got a ticket.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

You get points for various things, like attending matches, buying various memberships, RTV subscriptions but to illustrate it, you get 5 points per home match.

Your total is calculated over the previous 5 seasons so if I’d attended just 6 extra matches in the last 5 years I’d have got a ticket.

You can gurantee you will have vloggers like Thogden and that will have tickets for the final. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

18 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You can gurantee you will have vloggers like Thogden and that will have tickets for the final. 

lol @ Thogden. I stumbled on him and his old man and their mission to annoy football fans in every ground in the country with their commentary a few years ago on youtube. Are they still going/dicing with a doing?

23 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

100%. And all these secondary ticketing sites are selling them for £1,500+. It’s ridiculous.

15 minutes ago, MSU said:

lol @ Thogden. I stumbled on him and his old man and their mission to annoy football fans in every ground in the country with their commentary a few years ago on youtube. Are they still going/dicing with a doing?

Yep they are still doing that :lol: 

I also don’t get why so many tickets are allocated out in the UEFA ballot. Why the f**k should there be neutral fans at a European final.

Edited by AJF

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Going by the points thresholds for the tickets, I’ve missed out by 26 fucking points. Absolutely gutted

For the threshold for the 2nd stage? Or the 1st?

3 minutes ago, DMCs said:

For the threshold for the 2nd stage? Or the 1st?

2nd stage, I’m on 1502 and it’s my understanding anyone on 1528 and above will be offered a ticket. My only hope is if there are any tickets left over but I won’t be holding my breath 😂

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I also don’t get why so many tickets are allocated out in the UEFA ballot. Why the f**k should there be neutral fans at a European final.

Its been like that for years has it not?

Fairly sure there was a Final a few years back where folk were claiming less than 25% of the crowd would be actual fans of the club.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its been like that for years has it not?

Fairly sure there was a Final a few years back where folk were claiming less than 25% of the crowd would be actual fans of the club.

It has aye. It’s a shame really.

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

For the majority of my adult life I’ve been fully in the ‘supporting anyone to beat the OF in Europe’ camp. But recently I’ve had a change of heart. Domestically, Rangers progressing this far is indeed a disaster for the rest of Scottish football as it simply widens the already massive gap. Internationally however it is a good thing, it raises the profile of the Scottish game and of course helps boost the coefficient. It’s a double edged sword. Do we continue hoping both the OF consistently fail in Europe just so they get less money or do we hope they boost the coefficient which potentially opens the door to the rest of us diddies? With the Conference League now a thing, we can hopefully watch other Scottish teams take a grip of that tournament and make a bit of money.

The way I see it is the system is already utterly fucked. Even during the years following Rangers demotion and both the OF were shite in Europe, our coefficient was crap, the gap was still to big for anyone to catch Celtic. If there is ever going to be any change in the domestic fortunes of Scottish clubs there would need to be some sort of rules put in place, like salary caps or something. It will never happen. That leaves us hoping some sugar daddy buys another Scottish club and basically buys domestic dominance like the OF have done. As I’ve said before I’m really surprised that nobody has done it yet. Competing with the OF requires very little investment compared to buying a club in the Barclays. It wouldn’t take much to get another club challenging the top two, and once you’ve won the league and entered the champions league you are already earning your money back. There’s such an easy gateway to the champions league/European football in Scotland yet folk continue to buy English clubs and spend fucking millions on nothing. Everton for example have spent £500 million and are on the verge of relegation. Now imagine if someone pumped £500 million into a Scottish top flight club. Guaranteed they are challenging for the title. They’d probably win it.

I dont think even a sugar daddy for a non OF club could have them winning on a regular basis, i could see it being like a blackburn, theres just not enough non OF support to back up the money put in, especially with an FFP rules kicking about now

1 hour ago, AJF said:

2nd stage, I’m on 1502 and it’s my understanding anyone on 1528 and above will be offered a ticket. My only hope is if there are any tickets left over but I won’t be holding my breath 😂

b*****d that's annoying. You might have a chance. I'd be looking at alternatives though as supposedly our allocation has been reduced to 9.5k due to segregation seats.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Don’t go over without a ticket. You’ll only end up getting bitten by a police dog  :(