Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Despite having more of the ball, they didnt create much in the way of clear cut chances, you say they should have won it more comfortably but they only had 10 efforts while rangers had 7 (on target was 4-1 but until the goal i think it was 2-1 for shots on target) 
The possession count obviously massively in their favour, but for having twice the posession we had they barely done anything with it, 
I agree RB deserved the win, but not by a few goals as people are saying, 

Yeah, not much in the way it clear cut chances. Just that open goal they missed and a simple header at the back post their lad got all wrong, off the top of my head alone second half (there are others as well, but this the two most prominent). [emoji846]

How many shots each side had overall is irrelevant, it's the quality of chances that matter (including where those shots came from - a shot from the half way line counts the same as a shot from a yard out).

Half of Rangers "shots" at least we're from areas with minimal if any chance of scoring. Including your 1 on target which was Kent from a wide position and was more comfortable fit their keeper than any of the efforts McGregor had to save.

Given they missed an open goal alone, to say they should have won by at least 2 doesn't appear, from a neutral perspective, a stretch. Which is probably why most people without a vested interest are saying it.

The quotes following last nights result suggests we appear somewhat content with the position we are in.

Gio especially seemed quietly confident which I like.

A packed and bouncing Ibrox will hopefully push the players on again.

2 hours ago, gaz5 said:

Yeah, not much in the way it clear cut chances. Just that open goal they missed and a simple header at the back post their lad got all wrong, off the top of my head alone second half (there are others as well, but this the two most prominent). emoji846.png

How many shots each side had overall is irrelevant, it's the quality of chances that matter (including where those shots came from - a shot from the half way line counts the same as a shot from a yard out).

Half of Rangers "shots" at least we're from areas with minimal if any chance of scoring. Including your 1 on target which was Kent from a wide position and was more comfortable fit their keeper than any of the efforts McGregor had to save.

Given they missed an open goal alone, to say they should have won by at least 2 doesn't appear, from a neutral perspective, a stretch. Which is probably why most people without a vested interest are saying it.

The didn’t win by two though

the tie is still in the balance . It could go tits up for us next week or our Ibrox form in the tournament May continue . Will just have to wait and find out but we are still in with a good chance after the first leg which will do me for now 

27 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Aye that’s it Willie 

Maybe worry yourself more with Celtic’s almost 2 decade long shambolic record in knockout European ties 

Cheers M8 for agreeing, Gio gave total football a bad name last night there is no shame in coming up short no worries M8.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

If we had Morelos available I'd be confident of getting a result, Roofe gives us a fair chance of scoring and is better goal threat than anyone who played last night.  Wright and Sakala were clearly out of their depth last night and similar with Sands, surely Davis would have been a better choice but he seems to be out of favour. 

Going full strength on Sunday would be crazy, we can't afford anymore injuries. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

If we had Morelos available I'd be confident of getting a result, Roofe gives us a fair chance of scoring and is better goal threat than anyone who played last night.  Wright and Sakala were clearly out of their depth last night and similar with Sands, surely Davis would have been a better choice but he seems to be out of favour. 

Going full strength on Sunday would be crazy, we can't afford anymore injuries. 

I wouldn't even be considering playing Roofe or Ramsey on Sunday.  Or Jack for that matter.

Itten was brought back from loan, but isn't in the UEFA squad, so I'd be astonished if he doesn't play some part on Sunday.  I think it's bigger picture time.  We've made a c**t of the league with too many draws this season, and even if we win on Sunday we are still requiring them to drop points in two more of their remaining games and us to take maximum points.

We'll win the league next season, or the season after or whenever, European Cup Finals don't come around too often.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I wouldn't even be considering playing Roofe or Ramsey on Sunday.  Or Jack for that matter.

Itten was brought back from loan, but isn't in the UEFA squad, so I'd be astonished if he doesn't play some part on Sunday.  I think it's bigger picture time.  We've made a c**t of the league with too many draws this season, and even if we win on Sunday we are still requiring them to drop points in two more of their remaining games and us to take maximum points.

We'll win the league next season, or the season after or whenever, European Cup Finals don't come around too often.

Sure I read Itten has some sort of mystery illness which is effecting his ability to eat properly 

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Sure I read Itten has some sort of mystery illness which is effecting his ability to eat properly 

Yup, since the annan game he started feeling unwell and they couldn't figure out what it was, apparently he's on the mend the now and back in training, but he's miles off fitness

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Sure I read Itten has some sort of mystery illness which is effecting his ability to shoot properly 

Fixed.

Just kidding. Hope the fella’s ok.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Your post was uncalled for.

She’s mimicking a plane hence the Boeing reference, 1690 well because you know why.

Interesting that you find that more offensive than the nationalistic and xenophobic gesturing and singing by said woman but then again you did call me out for digital blackface despite me being mixed race so logic isn’t your strong point so feel free to report the post if you don’t like it.

Edited by Jinky67