Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Our resident Aberdonian friends seem rather upset. Can't imagine they will be enjoying watching Hearts playing European group stage football either after their multiple consecutive years of qualifying failure.

16 hours ago, AJF said:

Looking at our results and progression thus far, I make it to be €12,160,000 in prize money earned. Add in our gate receipts and broadcasting income then it's definitely a nice little earner. Small fry compared to the CL though.

Taking the €12.16m and using Swiss Ramble/UEFA figures to estimate the rest, Rangers earned around €15m so far (from UEFA).

Rangers entering the CL through 2nd place in the league and finishing 4th (3pts) in a CL group is worth around €23-25m (lower than a few years ago due to the changes in revenue distribution). Celtic would earn roughly €29-31m if both OF clubs were in the groups (more than Rangers due to higher 10y coefficient). €32-34m if alone.

On 16/04/2022 at 00:38, DMCs said:

Our resident Aberdonian friends seem rather upset. Can't imagine they will be enjoying watching Hearts playing European group stage football either after their multiple consecutive years of qualifying failure.

Here’s hoping Aberdeen’s downward spiral continues all the way to the championship 

that would be utterly glorious viewing 

On 20/04/2022 at 14:12, DMCs said:

Getting ahead of myself but here's a link to where you can apply to join the ticket ballot for UEL tickets. 13k available in this ballot.

https://europaleague.tickets.uefa.com/lottery/welcome_en.html

Aye, worth a shot. I was looking at the numbers yesterday and I think if you are a mid-tier Silver MyGers member with a season ticket then you'll probably have a decent chance of getting a ticket for the final, should we make it.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, worth a shot. I was looking at the numbers yesterday and I think if you are a mid-tier Silver MyGers member with a season ticket then you'll probably have a decent chance of getting a ticket for the final, should we make it.

Finalists get 10k tickets of which 4k of them are free of charge and those 4k have to go to regular fans i.e. not corporate. So basically all Gold MyGers members will get a free ticket and so will maybe the top 8% of Silvers. 

No idea how the rest of the 6k would be allocated so I'd imagine quite a few go to corporate and players families etc. I have a feeling most silvers would miss out.

23 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Finalists get 10k tickets of which 4k of them are free of charge and those 4k have to go to regular fans i.e. not corporate. So basically all Gold MyGers members will get a free ticket and so will maybe the top 8% of Silvers. 

No idea how the rest of the 6k would be allocated so I'd imagine quite a few go to corporate and players families etc. I have a feeling most silvers would miss out.

Ah, I'd assumed that the 10K distribution would be to fans only. I based this on 10,000 fans for each side, plus the 13,000 in the ballot which only gives 33,000 out of a 43,000 seater stadium. I had just assumed the excess 10,000 would be the tickets going to corporate and family members etc.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Ah, I'd assumed that the 10K distribution would be to fans only. I based this on 10,000 fans for each side, plus the 13,000 in the ballot which only gives 33,000 out of a 43,000 seater stadium. I had just assumed the excess 10,000 would be the tickets going to corporate and family members etc.

Screw it we aren't getting there with Sakala up front anyway 😂

On 22/04/2022 at 12:27, DMCs said:

Screw it we aren't getting there with Sakala up front anyway 😂

I'd be delighted if you were wrong, but at the start of the campaign if I'd been offered a semi-final slot I'd have taken it. 

For those of a gambling disposition, Bet365 odds on qualifying for the final are Leipzig 1/6, Rangers 4/1. 

To have a decent shout for the second leg I think we need, at worst, a draw this week. 

10 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'd be delighted if you were wrong, but at the start of the campaign if I'd been offered a semi-final slot I'd have taken it. 

For those of a gambling disposition, Bet365 odds on qualifying for the final are Leipzig 1/6, Rangers 4/1. 

To have a decent shout for the second leg I think we need, at worst, a draw this week. 

I think even a 1-0 defeat wouldn't be the worst result in the world. 2 and above is when we'd really be up against it.

I've definitely had a few too much but this video has got me up for it. 

Avoiding discussion about celtc doing better domestically our Euro runs have been extremely enjoyable. Even under Walter when we did good in the leagues and cups we were generally shite or lucky in European football. Credit of course goes to Gerrard on our new found form but from where we were 10 years ago the last few years of European football have been fantastic. 

If we manage to get to Ibrox even 1 goal down I think we have a chance... A sneaky away win would be beyond imaginable right now. 

Just watched two interviews on STV with Alan McGregor and then a representative from RB Leipzig. On the sponsor board behind McGregor the “RESPECT” logo had a blue background, with the Leipzig guy the normal UEFA green “RESPECT” colour. Rangers have no idea what “respect” means.