Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

16 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

1-0 probably a good result in the end, Rangers were really poor, again.

Just an observation, but since Gerard left Rangers look like a team who don't take have a clear style/identity that all the players understand/are bought into. They just look like they are freestyling most of the time, looking for their "flair" players to make something happen, rather than actually having patterns of play. That's essentially how they beat Dortmund and Red Star. But they don't look like they're set up to be a team.

Been interesting watching the last two games. Celtic have a clear style that everyone is bought into (and incidentally didn't lose a domestic game since they lost their focal point as someone else just slips into their style of play). So did Braga tonight.

Rangers just all looks a bit "off the cuff".

Quite surprised at that with a manager who had a 30% win rate in China tbqhwy.

We were lucky to get out of that with only a 1 goal deficit. We were poor as anything for about 80% of that game. We just don't pose a threat.

Arfield was a passenger and should have never started in that position.

Sakala is just really technically limited. His touch is so poor.

Our centre half situation is so bad as well. We should have paid the £1m for Souttar.

Big game next week.

13 hours ago, gaz5 said:

1-0 probably a good result in the end, Rangers were really poor, again.

Just an observation, but since Gerard left Rangers look like a team who don't take have a clear style/identity that all the players understand/are bought into. They just look like they are freestyling most of the time, looking for their "flair" players to make something happen, rather than actually having patterns of play. That's essentially how they beat Dortmund and Red Star. But they don't look like they're set up to be a team.

Been interesting watching the last two games. Celtic have a clear style that everyone is bought into (and incidentally didn't lose a domestic game since they lost their focal point as someone else just slips into their style of play). So did Braga tonight.

Rangers just all looks a bit "off the cuff".

I’m pretty sure that Keith Jackson stole his article in the Record today straight from your post. All you missed out was that Sakala is absolutely pish and should be nowhere near a professional football club.

I’m pretty sure that Keith Jackson stole his article in the Record today straight from your post. All you missed out was that Sakala is absolutely pish and should be nowhere near a professional football club.
I thought I'd said that enough last night about Sakala to be fair. [emoji23]

Thankfully I don't read the Record (or any papers actually) but still a bit perturbed that Jackson has similar thoughts. Can you wash your brain out with soap? [emoji23][emoji23]

I’m not jumping on the GvB bashing bandwagon but not playing a fit Ramsey last Thursday makes absolutely no sense. None!

He played for Wales and played well. Scored in OF game and then he plays in a meaningless game against St Mirren. Why leave him out of our biggest European game in over a decade? 

We started well last Thursday and caused Bragas back line problems before they took control. We even finished the game well and we certainly look as if we could do something at a packed Ibrox. Quietly confident but at the same time I have little confidence in Rangers ability to keep Braga out. 

2-1 Rangers. Could be a long night

4 hours ago, AB1872 said:

I’m not jumping on the GvB bashing bandwagon but not playing a fit Ramsey last Thursday makes absolutely no sense. None!

He played for Wales and played well. Scored in OF game and then he plays in a meaningless game against St Mirren. Why leave him out of our biggest European game in over a decade? 

We started well last Thursday and caused Bragas back line problems before they took control. We even finished the game well and we certainly look as if we could do something at a packed Ibrox. Quietly confident but at the same time I have little confidence in Rangers ability to keep Braga out. 

2-1 Rangers. Could be a long night

I think it was more to do with the style we'd be playing. I think Ramsey is more suitable for matches where we will have more possession rather than matches where a lot of running is required.

I do think he should've played some part, though.

I feel similar about Thursday. I think we can get at them and score goals. It's going to be very tough though and you feel Braga could do well hitting on the break.

5 hours ago, stressball said:

To be honest I fully expect Rangers to carry on in the competition.

From what I saw of the first leg Braga are crap, now Roofe has a bit of confidence after the doing handed out to St Mirren, so naturally you’d expect him to score Thursday.

Have we ever played a team in Europe who weren't crap?

2 hours ago, stressball said:

Yeah, Dortmund.

It’s only about two weeks since this ‘crap’ Braga team pumped 3 past a very decent Benfica team. The same Benfica team playing in the Champions League Quarter Final

Lyon are not crap and pumped us 2-0 at Ibrox but we did get a bit of respect back with an away draw

Red Star were far from crap

TBH one of the worst teams we’ve played in recent years was Malmö which is why it is so frustrating 

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

It’s only about two weeks since this ‘crap’ Braga team pumped 3 past a very decent Benfica team. The same Benfica team playing in the Champions League Quarter Final

Lyon are not crap and pumped us 2-0 at Ibrox but we did get a bit of respect back with an away draw

Red Star were far from crap

TBH one of the worst teams we’ve played in recent years was Malmö which is why it is so frustrating 

Benfica rested players from what I recall.

You should be beating Braga and Red Star.

Not sure why you’re all spitting your dummies out because I’ve said they’re crap and you should progress. You’re a better team than them.