Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

There is a big difference between "amazing to watch as they put 5 past us" and a tie you'd like.

Come off it. Put aside any feelings towards me for a second and just take what I am saying at face value for once.

Every single opponent we would've been drawn against likely would've beaten us and progression would've been extremely difficult regardless, so why wouldn't I want a glamour tie? A sell out match at Ibrox, an amazing away trip to Germany (covid restrictions dependant) and the chance to see one of Europe's best players. Why is it so hard to believe I am happy with the draw?

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I know it is hard to believe we are not in the last 16 of the Champions League, but I think it is only that draw that needs re-done, not the Europa League?

You’ll have to excuse me, it’s 7am here and I’ve just woken up, my bad. 😞

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Dortmund finished behind Sporting Lisbon in their Champions League group, it's hardly like they're a bunch of invincibile world-beaters.

I agree. I still think it is probably the most "glamourous" tie we could've drawn (maybe not so glamorous for them), and they are the favourites to win the competition (probably on the back of drawing us 😄).

49 minutes ago, AJF said:

Come off it. Put aside any feelings towards me for a second and just take what I am saying at face value for once.

Every single opponent we would've been drawn against likely would've beaten us and progression would've been extremely difficult regardless, so why wouldn't I want a glamour tie? A sell out match at Ibrox, an amazing away trip to Germany (covid restrictions dependant) and the chance to see one of Europe's best players. Why is it so hard to believe I am happy with the draw?

I don't hold any ill will towards you at all. Will always pull you up on your cheerleading of Rangers no matter what they've done wrong though.

Celebrating 'glamour ties' you expect to lose is a diddy mentality. Welcome aboard.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't hold any ill will towards you at all. Will always pull you up on your cheerleading of Rangers no matter what they've done wrong though.

Celebrating 'glamour ties' you expect to lose is a diddy mentality. Welcome aboard.

Okay. I feel like you are are trying to create an issue with what I said when there really shouldn't be one. I've already explained why I'm excited by our draw.

Rangers are a relative diddy in comparison to Dortmund, just like other teams are relative diddies to Rangers so I don't really find that much of an issue.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Will take your comments on board and try and restrict myself from enjoying it too much when I’m knee deep in fantastic German lager and Currywurst in February*

*Covid restrictions pending of course  

Edited by Forever_blueco