Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, SANTAN said:

Malmo are better than Midtjylland. 

Midtylland pumped you. We pumped them. You're below both teams comfortably. 

AZ are considerably better the both Malmö and Midtylland and would have put you out on your arse they way Rangers are currently playing. And just an FYI Midtylland beat Malmö during pre season which as we all know Rangers really value pre season results 

You keep going back to that game as if it’s indicative of where Celtic are now, it’s not. We were learning a new system, players brand new coming into the team and trying to settle, 2 youngsters at centre half and Barkas in goals.

You aren’t playing the Celtic team that lost to Midtylland but the team that just put out one of the best teams in Holland

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

AZ are considerably better the both Malmö and Midtylland.

Than Midtylland yes but not at all considerably better than Malmo - it's very close between those two with AZ being slightly better.

AZ are considerably better the both Malmö and Midtylland and would have put you out on your arse they way Rangers are currently playing. And just an FYI Midtylland beat Malmö during pre season which as we all know Rangers really value pre season results 

You keep going back to that game as if it’s indicative of where Celtic are now, it’s not. We were learning a new system, players brand new coming into the team and trying to settle, 2 youngsters at centre half and Barkas in goals.

You aren’t playing the Celtic team that lost to Midtylland but the team that just put out one of the best teams in Holland

I'm sorry I can't take this seriously? It's too funny to me. Did you watch the game last night? Based on that performance you may have went 1 step forward but your defence has put you 2 steps back. 

Every team in the league away from home will cause you problems. Double figures for OGs at this rate. 

13 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

I'm sorry I can't take this seriously? It's too funny to me. Did you watch the game last night? Based on that performance you may have went 1 step forward but your defence has put you 2 steps back. 

Every team in the league away from home will cause you problems. Double figures for OGs at this rate. 

of course i watched the game but AZ are better than any team we will play in Scotland but a significant margin in my opinion. There is no team in Scotland who press or play at the pace they do

I also watched the Rangers game and you looked absolutely toothless and conceded chances to a 10 man team of amateurs from Armenia ffs. I haven’t seen a Rangers team this ineffective in years…….just awful

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Than Midtylland yes but not at all considerably better than Malmo - it's very close between those two with AZ being slightly better.

AZ were properly impressive, their pressing was unreal as was the speed and directness of their play. No doubt they will feel a bit hard done by 

I’d happily watch them play again, good entertaining side 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

of course i watched the game but AZ are better than any team we will play in Scotland but a significant margin.

I also watched the Rangers game and you looked absolutely toothless and conceded chances to a 10 man team of amateurs from Armenia ffs. I haven’t seen a Rangers team this ineffective in years…….just awful

And we're better than you by a significant margin so there's always worth considering that! Also the fact that every side in Scotland will cause that defence problems should be huge concern. 

We missed about 5 clear chances and they barely threatened us where as you were actually shambolic, your players trying to pass it out from the back was hilarious, Ralston is your best defender right now ffs. You're very lucky not be out at this stage. 

1 minute ago, SANTAN said:

And we're better than you by a significant margin so there's always worth considering that! Also the fact that every side in Scotland will cause that defence problems should be huge concern. 

We missed about 5 clear chances and they barely threatened us where as you were actually shambolic, your players trying to pass it out from the back was hilarious, Ralston is your best defender right now ffs. You're very lucky not be out at this stage. 

Yeah you looked a significant better side huffing and puffing past a team of jobbers from Armenia, shitting the bed against United and a 10 man Malmö. We are also above you in the league and scoring significantly more and conceding less than Rangers have so far so i’m not really sure how you claim to be significantly better when the teams haven’t played yet. 

And yeah we looked as if we were given huge problems in our last 2 league games scoring 12 and barely conceding a shot on target 😂

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Yeah you looked a significant better side huffing and puffing past a team of jobbers from Armenia, shitting the bed against United and a 10 man Malmö. We are also above you in the league and scoring significantly more and conceding less than Rangers have so far so i’m not really sure how you claim to be significantly better when the teams haven’t played yet. 

And yeah we looked as if we were given huge problems in our last 2 league games scoring 12 and barely conceding a shot on target 😂

You ever heard of the term stat padding? 

Your exuberance at beating Dundee and St Mirren at home is actually brilliant to watch. Talking about top of the table at this stage with the games you've had is a red neck and a half. 

If you don't sort your defense every team in the league will ragdoll you in the away games which I can't see happening to us. Early days of course though. 

1 minute ago, SANTAN said:

You ever heard of the term stat padding? 

Your exuberance at beating Dundee and St Mirren at home is actually brilliant to watch. Talking about top of the table at this stage with the games you've had is a red neck and a half. 

If you don't sort your defense every team in the league will ragdoll you in the away games which I can't see happening to us. Early days of course though. 

You can’t see it happening? 

You have already been ragdolled away from home 😂

And again who have Rangers played in the league yet? No one that will finish in the top 6 anyway

As for the stat padding comment that’s hilarious. It’s called being ruthless for 90 minutes instead of toothless like we were last season. Don’t forget St Mirren outplayed us at CP last season.

Anyway your faux bravado is amusing. 

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You can’t see it happening? 

You have already been ragdolled away from home 😂

And again who have Rangers played in the league yet? No one that will finish in the top 6 anyway

As for the stat padding comment that’s hilarious. It’s called being ruthless for 90 minutes instead of toothless like we were last season. Don’t forget St Mirren outplayed us at CP last season.

Anyway your faux bravado is amusing. 

Domestically I'm talking about. I'm not even dishing out bravado, I've said we've been poor I'm just arguing against your misplaced confidence, you're optimistic sure but you're getting carried away. Your defence is diabolical, ours is not. 

4 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Domestically I'm talking about. I'm not even dishing out bravado, I've said we've been poor I'm just arguing against your misplaced confidence, you're optimistic sure but you're getting carried away. Your defence is diabolical, ours is not. 

Domestically you have already been ragdolled away from home 😂

Domestically you have already been ragdolled away from home 😂

Well no we pumped Ross County and then got beaten by Dundee United by one of their few chances they created all game. 

Ragdolling is where your defence gets torn to pieces and is clearly shiting their pants at every attack, like you guys last night and in the Hearts game. 

14 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Well no we pumped Ross County and then got beaten by Dundee United by one of their few chances they created all game. 

Ragdolling is where your defence gets torn to pieces and is clearly shiting their pants at every attack, like you guys last night and in the Hearts game. 

So in the Hearts game where they scored with pretty much the only chances they had? 

You do see the contradiction in your logic there aye? 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So in the Hearts game where they scored with pretty much the only chances they had? 

You do see the contradiction in your logic there aye? 

Pretty much doing some heavy lifting there. 

Decent draw. I’m hopeful we will find our form again before the matches come around. Lyon will be a great test to see where we are at. I fear there will be ugly scenes in Prague though if away fans are allowed given the events of last season.