Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Better late than never.

Should have been back, quarantined and available for selection by now but he's not.

Why?

Mainly due to his involvement in the Colombia Copa America squad. That finished for them on the 10th July and as much as we may think otherwise, footballers really need a break or they will burn out, especially given the amount of matches we played last season.

I’d imagine he was given a 2 week break and he has since come back but due to having to quarantine hasn’t been training with the team.

Rangers to win 1-0, then lose on penalties. Rangers fans, and Gerrard, to be all over social media furious about the UEFA conspiracy against them by not granting them the win via away goals.

Or more realistically, Rangers win 2-0.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Of course, if we're talking about REAL Protestant, Monarchist and Anglophile countries the answer has to include Canada, NZ and Australia but I fear @NotTheParswill have an aneurysm.

Canada is a real protestant country????? Do you just make stuff up????? 

Catholics also make up the majority of Australia's Christian community so it is also not as 'staunch' as you may want it to be.

1 out of 3 is not good enough to prove whatever stupid point you are trying to make here.

Just now, AJF said:

For smashing Kudela in the tunnel after the racism incident.

Okay, I was wondering if it was for anything on the park. Mental to think we don't get one of our best players for one of our most crucial fixtures because he was racially abused and emotionally retaliated. 

I listened on the Radio and was reasonably happy at HT.  A couple of minutes of insanity at the start of the second half could have ended the tie but the late one means it's back as a contest. There's grounds for hope at Ibrox particularly with personnel changes but if Malmo score first, game over. 

I think with that late goal we can count ourselves lucky that the tie isn't out of sight before even getting to Ibrox.  Too many had an off night last night and we looked off the pace for large parts of the game.  

I didn't see too much from Malmo to concern us if we are playing to our abilities, but we need to get the finger out next Tuesday.

27 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think with that late goal we can count ourselves lucky that the tie isn't out of sight before even getting to Ibrox.  Too many had an off night last night and we looked off the pace for large parts of the game.  

I didn't see too much from Malmo to concern us if we are playing to our abilities, but we need to get the finger out next Tuesday.

I think that's how I feel about it. While Malmo looked sharp at times, I think on our game we are a better team. We just need to ensure that we are at it next week.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that's how I feel about it. While Malmo looked sharp at times, I think on our game we are a better team. We just need to ensure that we are at it next week.

I thought Barisic and Kent in particular were miles off their usual form.  Kent was doing that thing he occasionally does where he drops deep to pick the ball up in "safe" areas and then spent most of the game running straight into folk.  We need him further forward.

15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You can call it what you want but if sevco need a scouting report all they need to do is ask Bobby Madden.

Just you worry about trying to win a game this season.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I thought Barisic and Kent in particular were miles off their usual form.  Kent was doing that thing he occasionally does where he drops deep to pick the ball up in "safe" areas and then spent most of the game running straight into folk.  We need him further forward.

To be fair, Barisic and Helander were thrown in despite only playing 45(?) minutes in preseason.