Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Fucking hell. No one hates (yes hates) Rangers more than me but it’s obvious the lad was racially abused and it’s an utter disgrace. All the whataboutery in the world doesn’t change the fact that racism is a stain on humanity and folk who indulge in it are contemptible.

Get them kicked out the competition and ban yon racist fucker for as long as possible.

Disagree about them being papped out the comp, they were by far the better side over two legs, their players bar the racist deserve their place against arsenal, wether the club overall or their fans deserve the place in the quarters 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Disagree about them being papped out the comp, they were by far the better side over two legs, their players bar the racist deserve their place against arsenal, wether the club overall or their fans deserve the place in the quarters 

I get your point about the other players in the team but the way the club has responded since the incident  leaves a bad taste.

6 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

I get your point about the other players in the team but the way the club has responded since the incident  leaves a bad taste.

Again the players dont deserve that cause their club is a whackjob, totally agree with hammering the racist b*****d and fining the club an absolute fortune etc, but the rest of their squad dont deserve it

Another note, kicking them out the tournament now will probably not have that much affect on the club, best way to absolutely hammer them is to fine them every bit of prize money they earn in europe this season, clubs will be feeling the pinch big time, losing a bawhair off what, say 15mill euros maybe, is a kick in the nuts

33 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Another note, kicking them out the tournament now will probably not have that much affect on the club, best way to absolutely hammer them is to fine them every bit of prize money they earn in europe this season, clubs will be feeling the pinch big time, losing a bawhair off what, say 15mill euros maybe, is a kick in the nuts

It's not about what it does to the club in the short term. It's not about what the players deserve. It's about what the club deserves. It's about actually properly punishing a club instead of bullshit empty gestures which is all that ever seems to happen.

5 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

It's not about what it does to the club in the short term. It's not about what the players deserve. It's about what the club deserves. It's about actually properly punishing a club instead of bullshit empty gestures which is all that ever seems to happen.

Kicking them out the tournament wont hit them as hard in all honesty, honestly think their fans especially will give a f**k after how they acted on thursday night

Doing them for 15mill euros will hurt more though, especially if they end up weaker squad etc 

Read a few posts on this thread drawing comparisons between the Slavia incident and Rangers history of anti catholic/Irish prejudice.

Whilst I can understand why people might want to draw this comparison, in my view it is completely irrelevant and a ridiculous issue to even mention in the context of what occurred on Thursday night. 

As for the incident, there might well be an issue with witnesses to what was said. However, on the balance of probability (which is how UEFA will or at least should  approach it), there seems little doubt that the Slavia player said something to Kamara that was racist. The reaction from Kamara and then other Rangers players was immediate and so strong that only one conclusion could be drawn. 
I’m no Rangers fan (canny stand them to be honest), but some things are simply too important to think about that. What happened (yes, I think it undoubtedly did happen) stinks and UEFA needs to respond. 
I think ultimately what will happen is that Slavia will get a modest fine and their player will get a short ban. UEFA have a poor record of actually dealing with issues. 

I get where you're coming from but I'd still kick them out. By doing so the club would likely fine that bell end and his team mates would be absolutely fizzing with his behaviour. Best of both worlds. It would be harsh on the other players but it's that old saying of 'you win as a team, you lose as a team'. If such hard sanctions became part and parcel it would maybe make clubs spend time hammering it into their players that this behaviour isn't acceptable. I think it would have a far bigger impact than showing 'kick racism out' cards and taking the knee. Both nice gestures but when the real stuff happens and nothing major is done as punishment it makes said gestures feel pretty pointless IMO.

51 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

State of this thread.

However, no way are UEFA  giving Arsenal a bye through. There’s a last-8 contracted TV game to deliver. 

Aye, you're probably right. If UEFA do want to punish Slavia for it (they won't), then banning them from next years competition is more likely than kicking them out this year.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I get where you're coming from but I'd still kick them out. By doing so the club would likely fine that bell end and his team mates would be absolutely fizzing with his behaviour. Best of both worlds. It would be harsh on the other players but it's that old saying of 'you win as a team, you lose as a team'. If such hard sanctions became part and parcel it would maybe make clubs spend time hammering it into their players that this behaviour isn't acceptable. I think it would have a far bigger impact than showing 'kick racism out' cards and taking the knee. Both nice gestures but when the real stuff happens and nothing major is done as punishment it makes said gestures feel pretty pointless IMO.

I actually don’t think kicking a club out of the competition is the answer. The most appropriate way to deal with it is to ban the player in question for years or remove their ability to play professional football again. Most players are interested only in themselves and couldn’t give a toss about the club they play for. Ban the club, they just go somewhere else. 

36 minutes ago, sydney said:

I actually don’t think kicking a club out of the competition is the answer. The most appropriate way to deal with it is to ban the player in question for years or remove their ability to play professional football again. Most players are interested only in themselves and couldn’t give a toss about the club they play for. Ban the club, they just go somewhere else. 

It IS the answer when the club have acted in the way that Slavia Prague have.

EDIT: Oh, and they can easily do both.

Edited by Andre Drazen

If Slavia are kicked out, everyone will know it's because of that guy's antics. He'll likely get fined internally and I wouldn't want to be him in the changing room. Are other clubs going to take a chance on these scumbag players if punishing the club is the punishment? Banning the player only punishes the player. It doesn't have much affect on the club or other players. Hammer the club and as I say, it might make them take this shit more seriously than flashing some cards.

As sickening as the racism that Kamara was on the receiving end of, lest we forget that he earns his living off the back of exploiting sectarian, hatred and violence.

I, myself, was once on the receiving end of a kicking at a game at the hands of Rangers fans outside my home end, all because I wore my club colours..

It was a sectarian attack - even though I have nothing to do with religion.

I’m sorry Kamra - you earn your comfortable lifestyle off the back of violent attacks on the likes of me.

I have no sympathy.