Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

23 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

To be fair you can’t really say the same about Celtic to their credit 

usually because they are parped out of Europe by February 

It’s august mate. 

607D827C-24FB-40B2-828E-FE7562125F11.jpeg

Edited by Drew Brees

4 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I didn't think we played that well last night over the 90 mins, so to still be very much in the tie is a bonus.

To be fair, a team can't play well in every game and sometimes as Van Bronckhorst said in the post match press conference you have to accept you aren't going to get everything your own way especially in a game of this magnitude. 

----------------

"Obviously we want to start well but you're playing against a good team so it's not like we go every game we go out and dictate the game and you know we're going to do what we want - no, you have to make sure you are there but you're playing against an opponent who's a strong team and the team (PSV) is also fighting for Champions League - played champions league in the last couple of years.

Last year they didn't qualify but if you see their side it's quality players. You can see the quality they have in todays game, so for us to think we play and we have 90 minutes dominance on the pitch? it doesn't work like that."

Edited by Loominous

I felt it was a really entertaining and even match. Opening period PSV showed their quality but I think we grew into the game and I thought we were the most likely to score before PSV actually did which was a real blow. Still, we responded almost immediately and went into half time positively.

Second half they just nullified us. Whatever tweaks they made meant we couldn't play out from the back as effectively and they just built up pressure. Similar to their goal, ours was quite out of the blue.

Overall I think a draw was a fair result but I can't see us progressing unless we are really at the top of our game next week.

56 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

True heat has no real influence on Celtic’s European runs 

I mean your last one ended in the arctic Circle 

Not sure what Celtic losing in feb in the arctic circle has to do with rangers fans struggling with the heat. 

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It doesn’t his default response is ‘’but, but, but what about Celtic”

The poster making the dig was a Celtic fan Jinks hence my Celtic based retort

had he been an Aberdeen or Hibs fan then they would have been the object of my petty point scoring 

please try and not let it annoy you too much or disrupt your Wednesday evening . Thank you 

7 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The poster making the dig was a Celtic fan Jinks hence my Celtic based retort

had he been an Aberdeen or Hibs fan then they would have been the object of my petty point scoring 

please try and not let it annoy you too much or disrupt your Wednesday evening . Thank you 

Just filling the time until my Wednesdays get a little busier

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I felt it was a really entertaining and even match. Opening period PSV showed their quality but I think we grew into the game and I thought we were the most likely to score before PSV actually did which was a real blow. Still, we responded almost immediately and went into half time positively.

Second half they just nullified us. Whatever tweaks they made meant we couldn't play out from the back as effectively and they just built up pressure. Similar to their goal, ours was quite out of the blue.

Overall I think a draw was a fair result but I can't see us progressing unless we are really at the top of our game next week.

Chin up lad.

There will still be plenty of lavvies to drink out of in the Europa League.

16 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It doesn’t his default response is ‘’but, but, but what about Celtic”

That's every Rangers fan that has ever existed's default response.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Who was the zoomer on PnB who said he was a Motherwell fan but did nothing but bum up the currants?

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/jason-cundy-shuts-down-rangers-24789755

The replies to that. The OF doing well in Europe does nothing for attracting players do the rest of Scotland, what a complete myth that is. Players don't flock to Varazdin or Osijek every time Zagreb go deep in to a European competition.

Also it doesn't increase viewers to our game either, there is always a club or a few from smaller nations doing well in Europe every season. I have not watched 1 minute of Moldovan football despite Sheriff Tiraspol beating Real Madrid last year. I noted the result, enjoyed the underdog winning then moved on.

Not for the first time he has been left out due to attitude problems. To his credit, he had cut out the majority of the petulant and moronic stuff that seen him accumulate so many red cards previously but on Saturday he was back to the infuriating and frustrating player you know is always there.

How many chances do you give him? And he needs to get up to peak fitness and pronto because when fit he is the best we have.