Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The still is misleading though.  The ball initially hits Davies and then pops up and hits Goldson on the arm.  That still makes it look like it's gone directly to his hand from the USG players foot, which isn't the case. I've seen various interpretations of the current rules that say it's not a pen.  Still, the ref decided it was and we weren't worth any better than 2-0. 

Read the IFAB laws for 22/23 and there is nothing that suggests it isn’t a pen. Seen a lot of people post last seasons laws referencing a deflection off a team mate however there is no such reference this season. 

That’s not me saying it’s not harsh but by the letter of the law it’s a pen

Edited by Jinky67

11 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Don’t need to be an expert mate just basic literacy to be able to type into google and then read the results 😉

So your assertion is that Goldson has made himself unnaturally bigger with his arm placement not being justifiable by his body movement?

Have you often seen players stretch to make a block with their arms stuck by their side?

13 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Cheeky Chirpy Chappie Chico / Ally McCoist / Kenny Miller / Alex Rae / Alex McLeish / Walter Smith / Graeme Souness / Dilly Bodds / Packie Bonner

etc, etc..........

Greenie for Dilly Bodds.

Just catching up and Listening to Superscoreboard Wed addition.

Marvellous entertainment.

btw, to the bears out there (hiding in the woods).  What has happened to Kamara, he's a wasted jersey in the 2 games so for this season?

Hoping Kent's back and fit as he makes a difference in these games.

Alfie getting some time and a goal yesterday was welcome but while I can see us winning, i can't see us going through. 

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Kent being back will hopefully be a massive boost. I think it was glaringly obvious last Tuesday how much he brings to the team especially in Europe.

It doesn't sound like he will be starting though which is concern. I can't see us turning this round to be honest. Horrendous performance out there cost us the tie.