Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Even putting the horrific penalty call aside, we were outplayed and I don't think there could be any complaints had the score line been higher.

Not at the races at all and a big improvement needed for Tuesday against a side that seems to have a good bit of quality about them. As much as it was mentioned that our left hand side was exposed, the boy Tav was facing had an excellent game, cutting inside often and making things happen.

Outclassed on the night but at 2-0 you still have a small hope that it can be overturned at Ibrox.

You say horrific penalty call however current IFAB laws 22/33 suggest it’s the right call. 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You say horrific penalty call however current IFAB laws 22/33 suggest it’s the right call. 🤷‍♂️

Well I think it would be hard to argue that Goldson has either:

1. deliberately touched the ball or moved his arm towards the ball given it has ricocheted off Davies from around a yard away, or
  2. made his body unnaturally bigger given his arm is below shoulder height at the point of contact and his body movement in trying to block the ball will always mean your arms cannot be stuck to your side. You can't stretch like that without your arms coming out for balance/leverage

It's a poor decision but it's not the reason we find ourselves in a poor position.

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

1. deliberately touched the ball or moved his arm towards the ball given it has ricocheted off Davies from around a yard away, or
  2. made his body unnaturally bigger given his arm is below shoulder height at the point of contact and his body movement in trying to block the ball will always mean your arms cannot be stuck to your side. You can't stretch like that without your arms coming out for balance/leverage

"These things even themselves out over a season."

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

In 2 games, Goldson has played beside Sands, Souttar, Davies and Lundstram in central defence. Methinks the manager doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.

Bobby destroying them from beyond the grave. 

5 hours ago, AJF said:

It's a poor decision but it's not the reason we find ourselves in a poor position.

No more or less harsh than the Kent one given against Red Star. Firmly in the seen them given category for me

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No more or less harsh than the Kent one given against Red Star. Firmly in the seen them given category for me

That’s the thing though, I wasn’t saying it was more or less harsh than another decision. I was explaining why I thought it was a bad call.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Never saw it but if this is real then it looks like a pen

8186A9B1-39C8-49AE-82E9-2FB935279355.png

The still is misleading though.  The ball initially hits Davies and then pops up and hits Goldson on the arm.  That still makes it look like it's gone directly to his hand from the USG players foot, which isn't the case. I've seen various interpretations of the current rules that say it's not a pen.  Still, the ref decided it was and we weren't worth any better than 2-0. 

14 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The still is misleading though.  The ball initially hits Davies and then pops up and hits Goldson on the arm.  That still makes it look like it's gone directly to his hand from the USG players foot, which isn't the case. I've seen various interpretations of the current rules that say it's not a pen.  Still, the ref decided it was and we weren't worth any better than 2-0. 

Stills are shite I agree but that quite clearly shows him making himself bigger deliberate or not hence penalty.