Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

On a happier note, and I genuinely feared it would happen, the Sevco fans, and indeed their German counterparts, managed to not have a riot of sorts in Seville. Whew, etc. No doubt some incidents, but no Manchester II, the sequel. Genuinely pleased about that.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

On a happier note, and I genuinely feared it would happen, the Sevco fans, and indeed their German counterparts, managed to not have a riot of sorts in Seville. Whew, etc. No doubt some incidents, but no Manchester II, the sequel. Genuinely pleased about that.

I have been highly critical of the behaviour of Rangers fans at big events in the past, so have to give the fans in Seville massive credit for the past few days. It seems as if everything, bar a few minor clashes with Germans, went really well. From the TV coverage the fans in the stadium didn't seem to be your usual Rangers away day mob. Little was heard over the TV from Rangers fans so not the usual party songs going round Europe. Credit where it's due.

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I have been highly critical of the behaviour of Rangers fans at big events in the past, so have to give the fans in Seville massive credit for the past few days. It seems as if everything, bar a few minor clashes with Germans, went really well. From the TV coverage the fans in the stadium didn't seem to be your usual Rangers away day mob. Little was heard over the TV from Rangers fans so not the usual party songs going round Europe. Credit where it's due.

This. I've very much had my fun regarding the result but not utterly embarrassing yourselves and Scottish Football as a whole off the pitch is to be commended. 

Hope we see the same on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

They let their club die. Any time things don't go their way they run and hide because they can't take it.

I doubt many of them did more than go back to their hotel after the game and have a wee sob.

4 hours ago, Luddite said:

https://theathletic.com/3297724/2022/05/17/rangers-europa-league-final-letters/?amp=1

Bahahahaha!

What is this pish?? An article from The Atlantic with letters from Rangers* players mummies and daddies ahead of the Europa League final? 

I remember when The New York Times sent Willie Miller on his way to face Real Madrid with a letter from his granny 

My ma's would have read "Have fun, stick in. From mum".

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

My ma's would have read "Have fun, stick in. From mum".

They couldn't just tell them that shite themselves?    In person, to their son?

They have to publish it for the world to see, why? So that plebs like us forget they are out-of-touch entitled little p***ks who have been coddled in the football bubble since they were in primary school knowing nothing of the real world outside their Bose headphones and instagram feeds and the tax evasion schemes their accountant comes up with so they can buy their mam's nice big house as reward for assisting the childhood gamble on riches from a  football career with skill levels that would never have been anywhere near sufficient to drag them out of poverty 30 + years ago

Edited by Luddite

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

This. I've very much had my fun regarding the result but not utterly embarrassing yourselves and Scottish Football as a whole off the pitch is to be commended. 

Hope we see the same on Saturday. 

I haven't murdered anyone today.

Not a word of thanks. Makes me wonder if it's worth it.