Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

All joking aside, I think GVB has got to carry a huge portion of the blame. It's like he settled for penalties after Frankfurt equalised. His subs were pretty baffling. You just need to look at the immediate impact roofe had when he came on to see that he'd have been a better option earlier in the game instead of Sands or Kamara

Kamara could barely move by the end of 90 mins. No idea why he kept him on for so long.

Aaron Ramsey must be a candidate for the worst Scottish Premiership signing of all time, or at least the worst value one. 

Better team won, I thought, albeit it wasn't as if Rangers' goal was being peppered with shots. The quality of penalties from Frankfurt was excellent. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The quality of penalties from Frankfurt was excellent. 

Yep, puts to bed the myth that penalties are a lottery. No keeper was getting close to any they took. Well prepared. 

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Aaron Ramsey must be a candidate for the worst Scottish Premiership signing of all time, or at least the worst value one. 

Better team won, I thought, albeit it wasn't as if Rangers' goal was being peppered with shots. The quality of penalties from Frankfurt was excellent. 

Just because of the enormity of last night, he probably does pip Rafael Scheidt to that title.  Just.

27 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

All joking aside, I think GVB has got to carry a huge portion of the blame. It's like he settled for penalties after Frankfurt equalised. His subs were pretty baffling. You just need to look at the immediate impact roofe had when he came on to see that he'd have been a better option earlier in the game instead of Sands or Kamara

Probably the most inept managerial display involving a Scottish club side in a European final since the Stein disaster class that was Milan 1970.

12 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yep, puts to bed the myth that penalties are a lottery. No keeper was getting close to any they took. Well prepared. 

All of them looked confident as well when they stepped up. Knew what they had to do and did it admirably. 

The 4th in particular was some penalty. McGregor knew exactly where it was going, went early and still got nowhere near it. Smacked in off the post at some speed, totally unsavable. 

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just because of the enormity of last night, he probably does pip Rafael Scheidt to that title.  Just.

Mr Pedantic here.    Last night was the opposite of an enormity.

Definition of enormity

1: an outrageous, improper, vicious, or immoral act

You are not alone in misusing this word.       :offtopicI know, soz.  :)

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

Really? Excellent stuff. What for this time?

I only think he got the chop, could well be getting him mixed up with someone else.

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Don't really get why Van Bronckhorst is getting it tight tbh.
You'd reasonably expect Ramsay to score a pen and handle the pressure.

TBH I would say more of the blame should be his failure to get Roofe on earlier. Roofe came on, made an impact and created the game's best chance. GVB utterly bottled that. 

Cavin Bassey had a good game but overall the Rangers players - particularly the forwards Wright, Kent, Sakala - looked ordinary. They'll cut through a St. Johnstone or Dundee but not that Frankfurt side.

I have zero sympathy for a group of people who otherwise know so little of football's disappointments. Never endured a relegation or long winless run, regular trophies and guaranteed dozens of wins every season (they describe themselves as the most successful club in the world, after all). There were sound reasons why many people in Scotland refused to support Rangers last night.