Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

15 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

A bridge too far in the end. GVB’s side have done remarkably well to come so close. Neither side excelled tonight over the 120, but no one can argue with the way EF put away their penalties. It isn’t a lottery at all , it’s being cool and efficient under the most intense pressure. Ramsey took the fall tonight, he was found wanting (a terrible penalty), still a strange decision to bring him on so late, if indeed the sole purpose was to take a high pressure spot kick, pretty much without kicking a ball all evening. I don’t care what sort of money he’s on, it rarely works.
Congrats EF, commiserations Rangers. One hell of a climb to get back up for the SC final against Hearts on Saturday after such a disappointment. It’s scant consolation, but the turnaround from 2012 is incredible. Rangers might have unmatched resources in our domestic game (out with Celtic) but they pale  into insignificance compared with some of the sides chasing the Europa Cup this season. 
Win or lose on Saturday, it will be interesting to see how GVB  plans his next steps at Ibrox. 

TL;DR. Get it right up them.

Never thought I'd say this but fair play to @bennett for still posting and coming on here after that. 

Were Celtic to lose a European final in that manner I'd be off social media for days and wouldn't come near this forum, at least he has the ciojones to post on here and take the inevitable slagging after that. 

He's still an idiot mind you. 😉😁

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

A bridge too far in the end. GVB’s side have done remarkably well to come so close. Neither side excelled tonight over the 120, but no one can argue with the way EF put away their penalties. It isn’t a lottery at all , it’s being cool and efficient under the most intense pressure. Ramsey took the fall tonight, he was found wanting (a terrible penalty), still a strange decision to bring him on so late, if indeed the sole purpose was to take a high pressure spot kick, pretty much without kicking a ball all evening. I don’t care what sort of money he’s on, it rarely works.
Congrats EF, commiserations Rangers. One hell of a climb to get back up for the SC final against Hearts on Saturday after such a disappointment. It’s scant consolation, but the turnaround from 2012 is incredible. Rangers might have unmatched resources in our domestic game (out with Celtic) but they pale  into insignificance compared with some of the sides chasing the Europa Cup this season. 
Win or lose on Saturday, it will be interesting to see how GVB  plans his next steps at Ibrox. 

Spoken like a true Threave Rovers fan....

Don't really see the problem with Rangers fans not hanging around, I've seen us lose a few finals and after some perfunctory clapping have exited pretty sharp.

Edited by btb

6 hours ago, bob_mcshug said:

I know they are a wretched collection of sub-human scum... but that genuinely shocked me how quickly they all left the stadium. 

It was even more surprising how the commentary team and rangers players being interviewed continued to push the "look at all these fans who have stayed behind", accompanied by vast areas of empty stadium