Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

McGregor

Goldson Lundstram Bassey

Tavernier Jack Kamara Barisic

Aribo Roofe Kent

Bypass the press to Kamara and Aribo.

Match up man for man out of possession.

Take our chances at set pieces (they will come).

Be lucky.

G51 DREAMS DON’T DIE Read: Martin Luther’s 95 Theses.

27 minutes ago, G51 said:

McGregor

Goldson Lundstram Bassey

Tavernier Jack Kamara Barisic

Aribo Roofe Kent

Bypass the press to Kamara and Aribo.

Match up man for man out of possession.

Take our chances at set pieces (they will come).

Be lucky.

G51 DREAMS DON’T DIE Read: Martin Luther’s 95 Theses.

Good to see you back. I completely agree that set pieces are where we can create some real chances. 

All about keeping Kostic quiet.

Roofe will be on the bench. I'd be very surprised if he started. Otherwise that team looks very close to what GVB might go with.

F#ckitty f#ck f#ck. (Wordsworth) 

Mrs Salt and Vinegar and older son have tested positive for covid. Well, I know what'll help me keep busy until kick off. Cups of tea/cups of coffee/ biscuits/ sandwiches/ boxes of hankies/ paracetamol/ bag of crisps/make up spare bed/wiping everything down with nuclear strength wipes.... 

We might have to wear masks to watch the final. 

Lucky white heather anyone? 🤪

8 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Good to see you back. I completely agree that set pieces are where we can create some real chances. 

All about keeping Kostic quiet.

Roofe will be on the bench. I'd be very surprised if he started. Otherwise that team looks very close to what GVB might go with.

Going to predict that Roofe starts and if required, is subbed for Sakala. We’re going out to win this game, so we need goalscorers. Those are the only two reliable goalscorers we have, in addition to The Captain.

It’ll depend on what the staff think about our ability to play over Frankfurt. If they’re concerned about it,  Wright comes in, Aribo will play central and Kamara will push on one to give us that two-high shell in possession with the ability to hit the wide areas with pace in transition. If they’re not worried about it, Roofe comes in for Wright.

This game pretty much rests on the wee adjustments needed in acknowledgment that this is neither a 2 leg affair, nor is the game at Ibrox. That, plus nerves.

If Gio doesn't f**k up the gameplan/nerves don't cripple the players then I think we will see a fairly comfortable, if close, Rangers win.

Can never rule out a managerial brainfart in a final though where they second guess themselves and change what has been working.

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can't argue with Div's assessment.

Loved McCoist's emotion during the Scotland games. (Especialled when Ché scored)

Shite manager, but still a legend.