Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I imagine it’s Rangers trying to cover themselves a bit in case any trouble does occur. One of the criticisms levelled at us last season was the club didn’t do enough to discourage fans. This may be them taking it to the extreme 😂

Putin you guys in another stadium could be bad news if the screens not work.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

But I’ve also got one that tells me it’s a 7hr bus trip each way from Benidorm to Seville and back.

Benidorm to Seville is about the same as Glasgow to London. It's a big old country. 

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Running a book on the next Ex Rangers player to make a video telling them behave and offering 

Ally McCoist       4/6
Barry Ferguson   2/1
Neil McCann       5/1
Kenny Miller        8/1
Alex Rae              10/1
Nacho Novo        16/1
Andy Goram        25/1
Bomber Brown 33/1
Joey Barton         40/1
Alex Ferguson     50/1

whats odds for Gazza?

6 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Serious FOMO vibes here; however.  I’ve got 3 pals over there in various places from Seville to Portugal. But I’ve also got one that tells me it’s a 7hr bus trip each way from Benidorm to Seville and back.

I admire their stamina but, for me, that’s a wee bit too much, win or lose. Imagine the bus rides back?  Not for me. I’ll watch it in the boozer and wake up in my own bed.  I must be getting old! 

I'm getting the bus back from Seville to Madrid after the game as well. Leaves 00:45 Thursday and back at about 07:15. Then I'm working a half day 🥴

11 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Running a book on the next Ex Rangers player to make a video telling them behave and offering 

Ally McCoist       4/6
Barry Ferguson   2/1
Neil McCann       5/1
Kenny Miller        8/1
Alex Rae              10/1
Nacho Novo        16/1
Andy Goram        25/1
Bomber Brown 33/1
Joey Barton         40/1
Alex Ferguson     50/1

Poor form to quote yourself however called it.

Minter, keep them coming Rangers 😂😂

No criticism from me for these videos. This is the kind of thing they should have done last year and disgracefully didn't. Of course its a bit embarrassing but not as embarrassing as shitting yourself in public after fighting with your cousins then the police. 

So well done the club/company for doing a little more than the bare minimum.  Looking forward to the Prince William edition and Murdo Fraser blaming the Spanish police tactics on the SNP.  

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Just now, AJF said:

Looks to me like some guys having a good time. What is shameful here, exactly?

I was being ironic given all the predictions of Armageddon. Here's one of them taking on the Krauts.

0_Rangers-fans-partyPNG.png

I don't think there's anything wrong with the sentiment of asking fans to go out and have a good time but behaving themselves, given the "why didn't Rangers do more to prevent this" reaction last year after the carry on in George Square.  With the sheer numbers travelling, from both clubs, I think that there will inevitably be clashes between pissed up fans.  From what I can tell Frankfurt have a group of fans that don't shy away from a bit of pavement dancing and Rangers have our fair share too.

The slightly patronising tone of the messages is another matter.

I imagine it’s Rangers trying to cover themselves a bit in case any trouble does occur. One of the criticisms levelled at us last season was the club didn’t do enough to discourage fans. This may be them taking it to the extreme [emoji23]
Yeah, this is clearly an arse-covering excersise so they can say "what more could we do"? In the event of any trouble.
Remember Motherwell doing similar a few years ago when we had customary end-of-season pitch-invasions, although a bit more low key - Stadium announcements, programme notes etc.

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Manchester started fairly amicably, these things always do. 

There will be 100% carnage at some point tonight.  Probably when the Germans take over the pubs and the locals have had enough hearing poorly worded songs about their Pope. 

After treatment in Nantes the woman was allowed to return to the airplane and continue her journey to the Algarve.

While the medical emergency unfolded, a couple of the Rangers fans allegedly stole from the drinks trolley and abused flight attendants.

An announcement about smoking, or vaping, in the toilets was made over the speaker system as a couple of yobs ignored directions to behave on the flight.

The flight then continued to Faro and landed at 10.04pm.

One eye witness said: “It was absolutely appalling behaviour from the moment they started getting smashed in the airport ahead of the flight.

“Watching it unfold was completely embarrassing - the elderly woman needed oxygen during the flight.

“She was taken off the aircraft, but later a couple of the Rangers fans were removed she was allowed back on board.

“It was completely sickening to witness - people so drunk and stupid on a packed airplane at 35,000 feet.

“They just ignored everything they were told. The flight attendants did their best, but they would not listen at all.”

16 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I appreciate the info and link, but come on, if you say United on a Scottish football forum without context you should really be taking about Dundee or Ayr.

Ayr United in Europe?