Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, DMCs said:

That's me got mine there. No Category 2 tickets left if any of you were looking for those. I went Category 3.

For all the banter/slagging we engage in on here, mate - I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. I loved it back in 03.

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

For all the banter/slagging we engage in on here, mate - I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip. I loved it back in 03.

Cheers! I'm only in Seville less than 24 hours with the rest of the time in Madrid but any tips on places to go would be appreciated.

41 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Cheers! I'm only in Seville less than 24 hours with the rest of the time in Madrid but any tips on places to go would be appreciated.

It’s that long a go and so busy that I’m struggling to remember names of places. I’ll text my mate and see if he’s any wiser and get back to you.

8 hours ago, AJF said:

I think you will have a good shot of getting a successful email on Monday. Supposedly there are 540 tickets that have been freed up due to people going on the CRM day trip. If those all go to MyGers on Monday you have a good chance.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Lots of fans encountering travel problems. Rooms cancelled then reappearing at inflated prices, flight prices jumping up. 

Its ridiculous, best i can find now is flying to either lisbon, crashing in portugal and getting to seville from there, or flying to almeria and again getting to seville from there, both are shit journeys

The Madrid option is fucking brutal with train times 

I went to Spain v Sweden in Seville for the Euros last year and there were at least 2 tanks/APC's outside and a load of soldiers searching everyone. That was probably more about covid rather than worries about violence but they certainly weren't laissez faire security wise. This could be more difficult to control, it's a different stadium much closer to the centre of town, I was at Estadio La Cartuja de Sevilla which is on an industrial estate on the edge of town, Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan is surrounded by bars and busy streets, a real potential for bedlam.

Its ridiculous, best i can find now is flying to either lisbon, crashing in portugal and getting to seville from there, or flying to almeria and again getting to seville from there, both are shit journeys
The Madrid option is fucking brutal with train times 

If you’re happy to fly out on the Friday 13th before the game returning on the following Sunday 22nd, Jet 2 from Leeds/Bradford Airport to Malaga (direct) £184 return is still available.

Jet2.com

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

If you’re happy to fly out on the Friday 13th before the game returning on the following Sunday 22nd, Jet 2 from Leeds/Bradford Airport to Malaga (direct) £184 return is still available.

Jet2.com

Holidays only start on the Sunday night, ive resigned to not going tbh, its too much of a jaunt

58 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Holidays only start on the Sunday night, ive resigned to not going tbh, its too much of a jaunt

Ah well fucked it, going to Gibraltar on Monday morning, two nights on the rock, head to seville on wed morning, night in seville with mates then back home somehow, havent booked that part yet lol

9 hours ago, DMCs said:

I think you will have a good shot of getting a successful email on Monday. Supposedly there are 540 tickets that have been freed up due to people going on the CRM day trip. If those all go to MyGers on Monday you have a good chance.

I’m hoping so! 9am tomorrow I’ll find out apparently.

• The_Kincardine changed the title to Our Wee Sevillian Spot in Europe - Season 2021/22
1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Thread title updated. 

@The_Kincardine good to see you back. Where were you watching the semi? 

Missed it, mate.  I'm on a bit of a tour.  But caught up on RTV.

Final  in Seville?  Now why is that city famous?  Oh aye, Jock Wallace managed there for a  season...