Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Will any of the strikers be back for the final? That could make a big difference.

Rangers also can't afford to be without the first choice back 5, Jack & Kent.

Roofe,  would have given my right arm for Alfie to be playing but Roofe is a clinical striker and should score .  I've a feeling that we'll see players being rested in the upcoming league games. 

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Do the Rangers fans on here see a win in the final? I think the lack of a home tie is going to impede Rangers, but Frankfurt cant really be any great shakes going by league position relative to Dortmund and RBL... Ont he flipside, beating both Barca and West Ham in the last two rounds isnt to be sniffed at...

It's possible,  we've played some good football against some quality teams to get to the final. 

Our best football has been when we're attacking and with the fans behind us we've got a good chance. 

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Ironically, in the final, I think it might be better if they actually win. Less chance of their cnuts disgracing themselves, trashing Seville, and if the hordes are in celebratory mood, any serious trouble might be down to the German bawbags in the Eintracht support.

On past form in European finals they will be able to show Putin how to destroy a city in 24 hours.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

McCoist is a Rangers fan, of course he's going to lose his composure for a bit.

With that said, I'm not a fan of this new thing where all co-commentators are fans of the club they're commentating on.  Sky, BT and the BBC are at it these days.  It basically turns it into the club's TV channel for the duration of the game, and for a bit afterwards.

That only happens for certain teams.

In a Scottish context, for non Celtic / Rangers matches they may get a body in that managed or played for an opposition team, but I cant recall having guys who sound like they were dragged straight from the Loudon sash bash onto the gantry - as we had last night with Alex Rae and Stephen Craigen.

14 hours ago, sophia said:

He literally turned his back to the camera and treated the viewer to all that entailed.

Credit to him for his work with our country but that was way way different and so self indulgent.

Grow up

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

And he rinsed the Newco for tens of thousands of pounds while he was on garden leave 

Total legend 

Hope the glesga Sevco get pumped in the final and the Spanish polis are now deep in practice for Whacking Day 

image.jpeg.ae6425ea0b87195636d64521dbf1349b.jpeg

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

I’m full of the same nervous energy and fear I was before the Leipzig away leg. Finals are finals, they’re weird and form predictions generally don’t mean much. f**k knows.

For me there were two clear breaks in our plan, Jack going off with an injury/cautionary and Aribo. Jack gives so much to the shielding of the defence and breaks up so much play, him going off pushed us 10 yards backwards. Aribo might not have scored his chance, but he was an outlet and able to trap the ball with his back to goal a lot as an out ball. Sakala offered something over the top, but it wasn’t as great at reliving pressure.

Putting Balogun on, and therefore pushing Bassey out to a hybrid left wing/midfielder role helped, and f**k knows how he was battling three players at 92 minutes given the shift he put in. 

Tbqhwy I’m still yet to take to Aribo and thought he was just shy of being a complete passenger last night. Has bags of ability but no brain in his head. His fluffed effort for a third goal sums that up. His hold up play is weak and his ability to take the ball to feet with a defender on his back is normally due to his exceedingly lanky legs as opposed to being brave or strong. 

First half I thought Rangers performance was outstanding as they were effectively winning with 9 men given how ineffectual Aribo and Scott Wright were. Obviously I hoped Aribo was ok, but not going to pretend I wasn’t a little bit happy when he had to come off and felt Wright put in a better shift second half.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

There’s two choices, hope the bigot brothers win in Europe, or hope they lose.

A genius speaks.  

Here we go…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-61347520

Last paragraph is interesting. They reckon they’ll need a stadium five times bigger than the one in Seville just to accomodate the 2012 AllStar Franchise fans… ignoring there will be similar demand from the opposition club, who took 30,000 to the Nou Camp. You need to say that again to let it sink in. 30,000.

How many are going to be ticketless in Seville before, during, and after the final? 30,000? More? Less? 

Nae’ luck Seville, nae luck.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

image.jpeg.ae6425ea0b87195636d64521dbf1349b.jpeg

Tbqhwy I’m still yet to take to Aribo and thought he was just shy of being a complete passenger last night. Has bags of ability but no brain in his head. His fluffed effort for a third goal sums that up. His hold up play is weak and his ability to take the ball to feet with a defender on his back is normally due to his exceedingly lanky legs as opposed to being brave or strong. 

First half I thought Rangers performance was outstanding as they were effectively winning with 9 men given how ineffectual Aribo and Scott Wright were. Obviously I hoped Aribo was ok, but not going to pretend I wasn’t a little bit happy when he had to come off and felt Wright put in a better shift second half.

A genius speaks.  

Selective quoting fanny speaks.

There’s two choices, hope the bigot brothers win in Europe, or hope they lose. Weigh up the pros and cons, and as a fan of a diddy club, make your personal decision. My choice is I hope they get horsed. If you’re for them or against them in Europe, it makes no difference to their performances and results anyway, so why not sit on the ‘fcuk them’ side of the argument as a default position? In my opinion, actively wanting the uglies to win is, like voting Conservative, something I choose not to do.
Ironically, in the final, I think it might be better if they actually win. Less chance of their cnuts disgracing themselves, trashing Seville, and if the hordes are in celebratory mood, any serious trouble might be down to the German bawbags in the Eintracht support.

Comparing it to wanting the Tories to win is a shite analogy.

That has real-life consequences that can affect millions of folk in our poorest communities.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Comparing it to wanting the Tories to win is a shite analogy.

That has real-life consequences that can affect millions of folk in our poorest communities.

What are you wittering on about? In a discussion about wanting or not wanting the ‘Old Firm’, to win in Europe, I said that actively wanting them to win, to me, would be like me voting Conservative - I don’t do it.

Away and read it again. I haven’t said wanting them to win in Europe is like wanting the Tories to win.

The actual fcuk sake.

Edited by pozbaird

What are you wittering on about? In a discussion about wanting or not wanting the ‘Old Firm, to win in Europe, I said that actively wanting them to win, to me, would be like me voting Conservative - I don’t do it.
Away and read it again. 
Aye, and as I said, it's a shite analogy.

It's a game of football ffs.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Aye, and as I said, it's a shite analogy.

It's a game of football ffs.

Clearly, no point in getting into this any more than I already have. My idiot tolerance threshold has just been exceeded for the day.

Just now, alta-pete said:

@pozbaird definitely not bothered I see. Think you'd be better off down the gym blowing off some steam old chap! 😘

Not that bothered at all. Sure, I want the bigot brothers to lose, but I also want the New England Patriots and sportswashing giants to lose every game too. Oh, and that irritating fanny Lewis Hamilton. I don’t cheer for him to win at all. The opposite…. However, as I only discuss Scottish fitba’ on a Scottish fitba’ forum, then yeah, seems fair to take part in a discussion about something major in Scottish fitba’.