Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

These c***s must have had a spy at the game on Sunday and decided the St Mirren approach was the way to play Rangers.

Was just thinking that. I was raging at our performance on Sunday but Braga are so far making a far worse fist of this which must be pretty disappointing for them.

6 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Well deserved half time lead. By a million miles better than Braga (this week). Should be more, but 2 is enough to do the job.

Barisic has been excellent.

Him getting excluded after the OF was mental to me.

He's actually good at defending just not stopping a cross. I love Bassey and he'll have a big career but Borna starts LB for me every time. 

Just now, velo army said:

Away goals don't count double, but they do cancel out a home goal. Football is becoming too complicated.

But nobody has scored an away goal in this tie...

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:
These c***s must have had a spy at the game on Sunday and decided the St Mirren approach was the way to play Rangers.

Was just thinking that. I was raging at our performance on Sunday but Braga are so far making a far worse fist of this which must be pretty disappointing for them.

Their marking has been absolutely shocking. Rangers seem to have them sussed and are just running passed the static line the hold.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

I thought they had done away with straight reds for last man fouls as the penalty was seen as punishment enough if it was a genuine attempt to get the ball.

Not sure anyone could paint a shove in the back as a genuine attempt to win the ball.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I thought they had done away with straight reds for last man fouls as the penalty was seen as punishment enough if it was a genuine attempt to get the ball.

No - if it’s not a genuine attempt to play the ball, it’s still a red. Despite what McCoist says on the telly, it wasn’t and the ref was correct.

And talking about McCoist - both him and the commentator are probably correct re the goal disallowed for handball - it didn’t appear either deliberate or with the arm in an unnatural position. At the start of this season, disallowing a goal because of an accidental handball in the leadup was tweaked to only relate to the scorer. The ref probably got this one wrong.