Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Alashkert no value at 4/1 in my view.

The team that put them out of the Champions League - Sheriff Tiraspol - have just qualified for the groups. Basically a Russian club from a secessionist micro-state in the eastern bit of Moldova. Backed by an "Oligarch." (Laws on defamation prevent me giving the Italian translation of "Oligarch"🙄)

Hoyed out surprise Albanian champs Teuta, Alashkert, Red Star Belgrade & Dinamo Zagreb to make the groups.

Tonight's XI was 2 Brazilians,  2 Colombians, 2 Greeks and one man apiece from Peru, Luxembourg, Mali, Ghana and... ehhh... Moldova. Subs from Trinidad, Guinea, Serbia, Malawi and Bosnia. 

I doubt they're on anywhere near as much as the Sheep or even the Spoonburners pay... but a fish supper costs more in Aberdeen that the 50 kopeks it'll probably set you back in Tiraspol.

It can be done😑😐.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
Effing spellchecker

FT: Alashkert 0, Sevan 0.
First point of the season for Alashkert. Still no league goals though. Made four changes from the XI at Ibrox.

I predict another goalless draw with a 5-lettered club beginning with Sev tomorrow.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The team Rangers will put out is still a million miles ahead of what Alashkert have to offer. 9 international players, including most of their best players from last season. The only glimmers of hope Alashkert have is that there might be a bit of turmoil due to all the changes, and that Robby McCrorie is in goals and could have one of the shite performances we saw at Livi. It would still be a terrible result for Rangers if they lose.

Concur.

11 hours ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Tonight's XI was 2 Brazilians,  2 Colombians, 2 Greeks and one man apiece from Peru, Luxembourg, Mali, Ghana and... ehhh... Moldova. Subs from Trinidad, Guinea, Serbia, Malawi and Bosnia. 

Shaktar had 7 Brazilians starting last night and another 3 on the bench.  Monaco had 1 as well meaning in last nights fixture at the start there were 8 Brazilians, 5 French, 2 Ukrainians, 2 Germans, 1 Portuguese, Russian, Israeli, Czech and Burkino Faso.

For comparison in Rangers last game they had 3 English, 2 Scots, 2 Nigerians, 1 Canadian, Northen Ireland, Colombian and Croatian.

It seems the way of it now, even the teams from the countries supposedly producing the best players are lucky to have more than 3 players in their starting line up from that country. Look at Madrid, Barca, PSG, Chelsea, City, Juventus. Bayern would be the only exception to start on average around 5 German players most games.

11 minutes ago, Lochdown said:

No. I'm pointing out you're at it.

The number of Internationals was your main selling point on your post, which is obviously shite.

Why didn't you just say they had a better class of International players?

Only you can answer that.

I assumed the part where I said "including most of their best players from last season" would have covered that.

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Cheers for the opinions but I'm still tempted. Another classic case of betting on what I want to happen instead of what I think will.

Possibly how I lose so often. 🤣

Bet on what you want not to happen and then you at least get paid off if the result goes against you.

Today's Racing Post European Fitba preview is by veteran Steve Davies.

He recommends a punt on Alashkert to qualify @ 9/1... reasoning Lundstrom & Roofe are suspended, Jack & Defoe are crocked and a possibly increasing list of Covid absentees.

I still can't see it...& nor can many others, judging by the way Alashkert are walking in the market. Now 12/1 with Boylesports... who don't have many Bears in the majority of their flagship high street outlets.

Edited by FortescueFotheringhamSmyth
typo

Only 33°c in Yerevan just now.

Taps aff, definitely... but it's going to be 37°c at the weekend.

Got off lightly.

To quote the foreman in the opening scene of "Blazing Saddles":- "You'd think it was a hundred & twenty degrees! Can't be more than a hundred & fourteen!"

**EDIT** SUSPENDED OR NOT, KEMAR ROOFE SHOULD BE ADVISED N-O-T TO WATCH THE OPENING SCENE OF "BLAZING SADDLES"

Feels beautiful seeing Kamara in there. Comfortable with that side, will be a massive game for McCrorie.

I'd imagine we'll give Kelly some game time if the game is going well and get Aribo rested for the weekend. 

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Bet on what you want not to happen and then you at least get paid off if the result goes against you.

Not sure I could live with myself betting on the ****.

Also, looking at the team they're putting out, I still think they should win. As does everyone else given that Alashkert are out to 10/1.

Edited by Suspect Device