Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Someone posted a link to a google sheet that had all the seedings for next years qualification - [mention=80195]DMCs[/mention] maybe? Anyone know where to find it?

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4FE4712A1E3EA4FA!301&ithint=file%2Cxlsx&authkey=!AI0j65LlMWkMofc

Rangers are guaranteed to be seeded place for the 3rd round now. Seeded for the 4th round unlikely but not impossible. Still a few close leagues in Europe so things can change quick.

3 minutes ago, charger29 said:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=4FE4712A1E3EA4FA!301&ithint=file%2Cxlsx&authkey=!AI0j65LlMWkMofc

Rangers are guaranteed to be seeded place for the 3rd round now. Seeded for the 4th round unlikely but not impossible. Still a few close leagues in Europe so things can change quick.

That’s the one, cheers.

Would need a fair bit of luck.

There's no reason why Rangers can't go deep into this.  They seem to be able to score away from home, something you couldn't say about Scottish teams for the last 25 years.
Plus, it's pretty much guaranteed they'll get a penalty every game.
I think the reasons are some of the much better sides still in the competition. Antwerp was an incredibly favourable draw and they'll need such luck and some top performances to go deep in the competition.

Besting some of the clubs G51 says he wouldn't mind having a go at over two legs, like Ajax, Leverkusen and Villarreal would be a result talked about for decades to come.

53 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I think the reasons are some of the much better sides still in the competition. Antwerp was an incredibly favourable draw and they'll need such luck and some top performances to go deep in the competition.

Besting some of the clubs G51 says he wouldn't mind having a go at over two legs, like Ajax, Leverkusen and Villarreal would be a result talked about for decades to come.

Leverkusen are far from a guarantee to go through. 4-3 down against a good Young Boys team. 

We played Villarreal two years ago, got an away draw and could have won the home leg were it not for Candeias’s red card. We’re a much better team now. So are they. I’d have no fear about that.

Ajax are still very good obviously, but they’ve sold a lot of players recently. 

We wouldn’t be favourites in any of those games, but I wouldn’t be going into them shitein it either. 

5 hours ago, G51 said:

That’s the one, cheers.

Would need a fair bit of luck.

I can't see it. Think we'd need to get to quarters at least and hope that one of the sides potentially seeded in QR4 is actually knocked out in QR2.

1 minute ago, DMCs said:

I can't see it. Think we'd need to get to quarters at least and hope that one of the sides potentially seeded in QR4 is actually knocked out in QR2.

It’s not inconceivable. A QR4 seed famously got knocked out in QR2 this year...

Leverkusen are far from a guarantee to go through. 4-3 down against a good Young Boys team. 
We played Villarreal two years ago, got an away draw and could have won the home leg were it not for Candeias’s red card. We’re a much better team now. So are they. I’d have no fear about that.
We wouldn’t be favourites in any of those games, but I wouldn’t be going into them shitein it either. 
That's all fair enough, but if you're not scared of them then I'd be taking the likes of Spurs off your list of clubs to avoid.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
42 minutes ago, G51 said:

That's all fair enough, but if you're not scared of them then I'd be taking the likes of Spurs off your list of clubs to avoid.

What scares me about Spurs is that while they are jobbers in the EPL, it’s hard not to look at the collection of front players they have and conclude they’d likely overwhelm our defence. Despite what happened last night, this is still a team built to defend leads, rather than play basketball-type matches where every possession is a shot.

I enjoyed watching that last night but as others have said it could have been 5-5 but I think Rangers were the better side for long spells, The penalty decisions were the highlights in many ways, and the 3rd goal for both teams were excellent. On the first penalty I thought the rule was that the goalie has to have at least on foot on the line, before the ball is struck and is not allowed to start from behind the line. ( Womens' World cup Scotland goalie a few years ago?)   Royal's eccentric goalie was well behind but maybe the rule has been changed.  Much better viewing than some of these dreary 1-0 stuff on Sky etc lately.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

McGregor, Balogun, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, Kent, Morelos

Lets go win this thing.

Hagi for Arfield it is.

Aggressive.

Remember fellow bears, this is a 5:55 kick off.

Edited by G51

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

Hagi for Arfield it is.

Aggressive.

Remember fellow bears, this is a 5:55 kick off.

Thanks for that I would literally have missed the game 😂

Feeling slightly more nervous about this one than I should be. 

Edited by Stormzy

22 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

What's the monetary reward for getting through to the Round of 16 (or Sweet 16 as I'd call it)?

€1.1m for the Sweet Sixteen, €1.5m for the Elite Eight, €2.4m for the Final Four.