Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, OneBrianIrvine said:

Hud the bus, losers from CL in EL drop again to Conf League? That escaped my notice.

So three bites at a cherry? What a carve up.

Still, tempered by laughing at the likelihood of The Sevco getting papped oot in 3 comps.

Could be worse could be Stephen Glass' Aberdeen.

• 3 weeks later...

A must win game tonight if we want to progress beyond the group stage. Kamara being out is giving me the fear as he is normally at his best in European matches, although Lundstram has significantly improved since his first 2 or 3 performances.

It'll be interesting to see if he starts with the 4-2-3-1 again as we seemed to get a lot of success out of that against Hearts in the first half. If we revert to the 4-3-3 then we need to have 2 goal scorers in the front 3 so both Roofe and Morelos should start for me.

Now would be an excellent time for the Davis of last season to step up, should he start in place of Kamara. 

27 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I don’t think Davis has the speed for European competition in the position we’re asking him to play any more and it should be Aribo and Lundstram holding that 2, with Hagi flanked by Wright and A.nother in the 3.

I think you're right about Davis but our midfield options - without Kamara and Jack - are limited.

Another problem is that Tavernier is off the boil.  I'll plump for:

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Balogun Barisic
Lundstram Davis
Aribo Hagi Roofe
Morelos

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think you're right about Davis but our midfield options - without Kamara and Jack - are limited.

Another problem is that Tavernier is off the boil.  I'll plump for:

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Balogun Barisic
Lundstram Davis
Aribo Hagi Roofe
Morelos

I don’t know if Aribo offers enough in that wide role vs coming from deep like the Braga game. Jack can’t get back quick enough though, we’d be four points better off with him starting imo.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Are Alex Rae and Stephen Craigan blind?

The left foot of the defender was clearly playing him onside. 

Hilarious listening to these clowns dig themselves deeper into a hole, I'll enjoy them trying to dig themselves out of it when they see the lines drawn for them later on.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever