Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Totally agree. The game changed at exactly the moment that your keeper should have been red carded. Rangers were never in control of the game again, at any point. Really weird, 

That seems to be the agreed turning point. (I haven't seen any of the game, but will amuse myself with the goals at least later). I also can't claim to have any gret insight into the thought processes of the players, but maybe there was a feeling of "fuçk me, if we can get away with this then the ref will make damn sure we don't lose. I didn't realise the the rangers had fans in (hang on while I check) Slovenia?

Whatever, seeing any team you don't like going from one up to lose against ten men is amusing. That it was this shower, and knowing the potential consequences for them, just makes it funnier. 

49 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Are you sure it wasn't because their average BMI just made it look like it was oversold.  One seat for each flabby cheek.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/club1872-statement.173687/

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/smartcard-issues.173479/

Edited by Meldrew

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

In the past I wanted all Scottish teams to do well in Europe including Rangers, but last night I couldn't have cared less - if anything I was slightly happy they lost.

Only "slightly happy"?

What the Hell is wrong with you?

8 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

That Club1872 statement reads disappointingly well.

What's the antipathy towards them, expressed in the thread, about?  Anyone know?  

I think last night shows how much we miss Kamara and Jack in games like this. We went with Aribo and Arfield as we had to chase a result, which worked initially. But as the game went on, we needed a Jack or Kamara alongside Davis to break down the momentum they had built and turn the game back in our favour.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Only "slightly happy"?

What the Hell is wrong with you?

In fairness, there's still potential for them to embarrass us beyond these shores. Let's wait until they go out on away goals against some Andorran pub side. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

In fairness, there's still potential for them to embarrass us beyond these shores. Let's wait until they go out on away goals against some Andorran pub side. 

I'm 100% certain that won't happen.

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Exactly my thoughts.  Thanks for saving me typing that out.

Barisic looks absolutely lost.  There was a moment in the second half where they floated a ball over his head leaving Balogun to have to leave his man to go and cover, and I swear the entire stadium muttered "get him off" at the same time.

I thought Barisic was one of the top '' assets ''

On 11/03/2021 at 19:58, MJC said:

In what continues to be the season from heaven for you fine chaps, that is another excellent nights work as you continue to fly the flag for Scotland in Europe and boost the coefficient.

My cap status: Doffed

YATP

I miss this.