Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Missed the first 20 mins, but saw all of the rest of the game.. Seemed that the worst thing that happened for you was Malmo going down to 10 men.

That's true but if you watched the full game you would see my post was merited based on the first half. We absolutely shat the bed and bottled it as soon as the second half began though...our team has a lot of shitebags. 

1 hour ago, SANTAN said:

Better footballing side? Some of you guys are demented....

We've played brilliantly thus far. Malmo have done well to not be further behind

Hiya Santa. Hiya pal. House keys are in the fridge and my dog is on the roof so it looks like bedtime for me. Night night.

1 hour ago, SANTAN said:

Better footballing side? Some of you guys are demented....

We've played brilliantly thus far. Malmo have done well to not be further behind but other than that they've been second best to at least 75% of the 50/50s. 

A lot better than I expected. Will certainly be a nervy second half. Morelos btw. Different gravy. If we bring on Hagi early I'm going to be feeling up for it. 

No matter what your allegiances are how fucking class is it watching games with a full crowd? 

giphy (3).gif

9 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

I'm sure both of our teams will have fun in the Europa league..

Anyway, again it's nice to see that even after logging on every day solely to dislike my posts (350 in a week) you still have so much attention to give me but I must say I'm just not that interested. Perhaps you'll have better luck on your next alt!

Shut up yah nae mates wee fanny.

Horrific result, but not surprising. That’s both the OF lost to Scandinavian opponents in recent weeks.
They used to be better than these kind of teams, they aren’t anymore. The speed of their decline at continental level over the last 10 years or so is remarkable.

40 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No idea how much input Gerrard has in team choice and tactics. Every time tonight when the cameras went on to the Rangers bench, it was some geezer and McAllister who were animated in what the team should be doing, with Gerrard standing like a statue.

Ive noticed this before as well.

I think its quite clear Gerrard isnt the ideas or tactics man. Also not sure hes the head coach type. Seems to be more a motivator and figurehead type.

Not necessarily saying that as a bad thing. But I think the Rangers coaching staff are very much a team rather than Gerrard being a massive tactical savvy inventive coach or manager. 

If/when he does leave, will be interesting to see how he would cope without this backroom staff with him.

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I was just looking at Rangers Champions League record there (1 win in 22 matches) and I'd forgotten Rangers got pumped out over two legs by Lithuanian side Kaunas.

So if you think about it tonight isn't THAT bad.

That was the old, now-deceased Rangers.