Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

I just think he had spells in the game where he made bad decisions. He struggled to know when to commit against Sima. That's not really a slight on him - decision making is something that improves with time.

Seen enough to know why Tavernier's contract has 12 months to run.

Yeah there was a bad touch and a poor header and a panicked cross into the box all in a ten minute period. Also right about facing up Sima, who had the physical advantage on him. 

But I like how he got himself together.

What I really like about him is his calmness when facing his own goal and covering his centre back. He never opts to row z it- always uses his body and strength  to wriggle and play out from the back .

If Clarke has anything about him he should be in the next squad ahead of O’Donnell and Palmer. 

Edited by Mean Gene

4 minutes ago, Mean Gene said:

Yeah there was a bad touch and a poor header and a panicked cross into the box all in a ten minute period. But I like how he got himself together.

What I really like about him is his calmness when facing his own goal and covering his centre back. He never opts to row z it- always uses his body and strength  to wriggle and play out from the back .

If Clarke has anything about him he should be in the next squad ahead of O’Donnell and Palmer. 

He might get a look in in March, but I doubt he gets a shot at the Euros. Then again, if he plays in March and doesn't look out of place, who knows.

Probably a bit early for him though.

I thought Rangers were poor in the first half but the wonder save from McGregor aside i thought Rangers looked the side that carried a bigger threat in the second half.

A good result and performance away from home. If Rangers can correct the first half mistakes that put them on the back foot I think they will win at Ibrox.

2 hours ago, Mean Gene said:

Yeah there was a bad touch and a poor header and a panicked cross into the box all in a ten minute period. Also right about facing up Sima, who had the physical advantage on him. 

But I like how he got himself together.

Chance Patterson will be banned for the rest of the season so doubt clarke will use him based on having little game time

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Chance Patterson will be banned for the rest of the season so doubt clarke will use him based on having little game time

I don't think he'll get a ban for that long tbh.

Jones and Edmundson got one for that long cos they were kicking about with lassies who weren't getting tested. Patterson and co. were kicking about with other members of the squad.

Bolingoli got 3 games, think Patterson likely gets around that.

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Nowhere near a 442 diamond, 433 as usual im tough euro games, highly fluent in it as well

We switched to a 4-4-2 diamond in the second half last week and it was pivotal in us getting back into the game. I can see us starting off with the same. Poses Slavia something different and asks them to work it out.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

My predicted team: McGregor, Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, Kent, Morelos

4-4-2 diamond.

Called it (except Helander/Balogun). 

Slavia have gone 3 at the back.

Strange one for me, I thought Helander was excellent last week.

Arfield for Hagi I think is more about getting Aribo one further forward as he caused them problems last week in the final third. Harsh on Hagi, but understandable.

You probably Probably would have preferred to have Jack available than Arfield if you were a Rangers fan, given the game?

2 hours ago, G51 said:

My predicted team: McGregor, Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, Kent, Morelos

4-4-2 diamond.

38 minutes ago, G51 said:

Called it (except Helander/Balogun). 

Slavia have gone 3 at the back.

No guarantees it’ll be a diamond. We’ve seen Aribo play right side of the front three quite a few times.

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Strange one for me, I thought Helander was excellent last week.

Arfield for Hagi I think is more about getting Aribo one further forward as he caused them problems last week in the final third. Harsh on Hagi, but understandable.

You probably Probably would have preferred to have Jack available than Arfield if you were a Rangers fan, given the game?

I’d start Arfield before Jack with everyone fit. I’m a Ryan Jack fan but someone has to miss out and for me a midfield 3 of Arfield, Davis and Kamara starts if fit. Arfield is a busy b*****d and prior to injury he was key to Rangers superb run of form. Despite winning, Rangers went slightly off the boil and scraped over the line in a few games after Arfield got injured.