The_Kincardine

Our Wee Spot in Europe. Rangers 20/21

5 minutes ago, bairney said:

Next is Galatarasay, so you can say goodbye (again) 😉

No doubt it’s going to be one of our most difficult ties in the last couple of seasons but our home results against teams like Porto, Feyenoord and Braga last campaign let’s me know that we are certainly capable of getting a result.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It could well have been and, for much of the game, W II outplayed us in the middle of the park.  I'd not expected them to show such largesse in defence, though.

Neither did I to be honest, must have been a bad day at the office for their defence because I've seen them do much better recently! Congratulations on the win.

Is that you one game away from the group stage now? 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Is that you one game away from the group stage now? 

Yes. If we can overcome Galatasaray then we'll be in the group stage.

Galatasaray will be tough but if we're playing in an empty stadium that could be a wee bonus for us.

So it's gameday. Arguably one of the more exciting ties in European competition this evening with two massive clubs facing off.

I see Rangers have come in a bit and are now sitting as favourites to qualify but it's going to be difficult.

I'm happy that Arda Turan is missing out (obviously, hoping it's nothing too serious as he is missing due to Covid) and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Falcao and Feghouli are benched as the press have been suggesting.

I'm going to predict 1-1, Rangers to win 2-1 AET!

Edited by AJF

Bearing in mind that a Rangers victory might be a good thing for Scottish football, I’ve decided that I still want them to lose this match.
Disappointed that you felt you had to procrastinate over this at all, but pleased you reached the right conclusion.

So it's gameday. Arguably one of the more exciting ties in European competition this evening with two massive clubs facing off.
I see Rangers have come in a bit and are now sitting as favourites to qualify but it's going to be difficult.
I'm happy that Arda Turan is missing out (obviously, hoping it's nothing too serious as he is missing due to Covid) and I'll be pleasantly surprised if Falcao and Feghouli are benched as the press have been suggesting.
I'm going to predict 1-1, Rangers to win 2-1 AET!

Massive clubs?

I had a mixed king kebab last Thursday. Mon the Galatasary ❤💛

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Massive clubs?

C'mon now. Galatasaray deserve a bit more respect than that!

Some bookies have Galatasaray priced at 15/4. That's way too long IMO. They've a much better chance than 21% of winning this tie. I think I have it around 55-45 in our favour at the moment, but this really will be a close game.

My team: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Jack (if fit, if not Kamara), Arfield, Jones, Kent, Morelos

The usual European formation, narrow front three, narrow midfield three, the wider midfielders peel off on to overlapping full backs. Make sure the forward three press the boy who sits in the middle of the park for them - keep him in front of you at all times. Attack with pace through Kent and Jones and long balls on the counter in behind their full backs.

Our biggest strength in this matchup is Michael Beale. There aren't many people I'd trust over him to win a one-off knockout game.