The_Kincardine

Our Wee Spot in Europe. Rangers 20/21

IMG_1275.jpg

Stevie G’s post match interview, talking about giving Borna and Tav a blow. 

Big step up for us next week.  I had a keek on Y'tube and our big Dutch pals are fast and direct and we'll have to be very organised, especially through the middle.  Looking at the highlights of their game last night their style isn't that different to ours:

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Big step up for us next week.  I had a keek on Y'tube and our big Dutch pals are fast and direct and we'll have to be very organised, especially through the middle.  Looking at the highlights of their game last night their style isn't that different to ours:

As someone who follows both leagues closely I'd say that you're about right. I would class Rangers as favourites. But Willem II have a good squad capable of beating strong teams. Last season for example they beat both Ajax and AZ away and they were very impressive in both games. It could be a close game.

I’m delighted with 2-0 considering we’ve not managed to get going at all. Sloppy start from most players, maybe with the exception of Kent and Kamara.

Edited by AJF

That’ll be tie over barring an almighty collapse. We’ve been clinical but McGregor has bailed us out a couple of times. 

Such a difference with a competent referee who allows football to be played.

0-4?  Not what I expected after 15 mins but that's a brilliant result from us.

Hard to choose from between Kent, Greegs and Davis for MotM.

On 18/09/2020 at 08:25, Marten said:

As someone who follows both leagues closely I'd say that you're about right. I would class Rangers as favourites. But Willem II have a good squad capable of beating strong teams. Last season for example they beat both Ajax and AZ away and they were very impressive in both games. It could be a close game.

It could well have been and, for much of the game, W II outplayed us in the middle of the park.  I'd not expected them to show such largesse in defence, though.

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Galatasaray beat Hajduk Split 2-0.

Top of the Turkish league.

Another tough game and I'm not optimistic.

Didn't see that result coming.  Greegsy was excellent and must surely be looking to keep his place at the weekend now.  Never a bad thing to have two keepers in form.

Kamara had his best game for a long time too.