Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Poznań a decent side. 

Thought Hagi had a stinker and it wasn’t happening for Roofe either.

Thought Goldson was superb. 

Instant change in Rangers when Morelos came on. The reaction of the team and the goal are precisely why he’s by some distance still Rangers top striker @G51.

Edited by 8MileBU

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Poznań a decent side. 

Thought Hagi had a stinker and it wasn’t happening for Roofe either.

Thought Goldson was superb. 

Instant change in Rangers when Morelos came on. The reaction of the team and the goal are precisely why he’s by some distance still Rangers top striker @G51.

Morelos is my favourite player since Ferguson, but when we play the 4-2-3-1 Roofe is a better fit in the system and gives the team more. 

Killie will tell us a lot about what Gerrard thinks if we line up in that formation

It wasn’t pretty but that’ll do. I found myself getting frustrated at our play at times which probably highlights how the team have elevated our expectations.

A moment of pure quality from Barisic put it on a plate for Morelos who equals McCoist’s European goal record.

Another victory should see us through.

Edited by AJF

Just now, G51 said:

Morelos is my favourite player since Ferguson, but when we play the 4-2-3-1 Roofe is a better fit in the system and gives the team more. 

Killie will tell us a lot about what Gerrard thinks if we line up in that formation

I’m not seeing that yet mate. Needs a run of games and goals for me.

21 minutes ago, Stan Hope said:

loads of shite in the EL, next year will be a huge jump in class

We hear this constantly whenever Rangers pick up a good result in Europe, that each team we face are rotten.

Gerrard’s European record for Rangers is excellent, I don’t think anyone can deny that. People find it hard to accept, but it’s the truth.

Without a doubt it will be a step up in class next season, but do I think we are much worse than teams like Porto, Olympiakos, Midtjylland, Krasnodar & Ferencvaros who are all featuring in this seasons CL? No, I don’t, and in fact we have beaten 2 of those teams mentioned in recent seasons.

43 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

As an outsider, I can't understand any criticism of Gerrard by fans. He's done a hell of a job.

Oh behave.  You know you're secretly one of us so don't be coy and just admit you're a Bluenose by adoption.

Edited by The_Kincardine

55 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My inhouse stylist was suggesting I refresh my wardrobe with a couple of pairs of corduroy 'pants' (well she is a Kiwi) for the winter.  Thanks for reminding me why this is a bad idea.

Edited by The_Kincardine

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

We hear this constantly whenever Rangers pick up a good result in Europe, that each team we face are rotten.

Gerrard’s European record for Rangers is excellent, I don’t think anyone can deny that. People find it hard to accept, but it’s the truth.

Without a doubt it will be a step up in class next season, but do I think we are much worse than teams like Porto, Olympiakos, Midtjylland, Krasnodar & Ferencvaros who are all featuring in this seasons CL? No, I don’t, and in fact we have beaten 2 of those teams mentioned in recent seasons.

All true. And while there is certainly dross in the EL, there are a large number of heavyweights too.